Kyle and Dignity?

Lafferty is a frustrating player who looks genuinely first class one minute then a novice the next. I still don't know how we paid so much money for him.

As for Beattie...

Is it any wonder the bank won't release funds.

Lafferty is a frustrating player who looks genuinely first class one minute then a novice the next. I still don't know how we paid so much money for him.

As for Beattie...

Is it any wonder the bank won't release funds.

Beattie really looks like a pure waste of money but I hope he proves me wrong. It says in Wikipedia that in his first English cap he was replaced by Francis Jeffers. That says it all i fear.

This forum is so fickle about Lafferty. When I was defending him you were all slagging me and him off. Then this season I saw that calming down and dare I say it praise being given him. Now he's back to being maligned.

It really does seem that opinion is as consistent as the wind among fans at times.

Let me extrapolate.

I have watched Rangers for nearly half a century and can conclude, there is a large element of our support that enjoy eating our young. Through the seasons, Dennis Setterington, Iain MacDonald, Alex O'Hara, ................................ the latest example being Charlie Adam. There are five stages after a young player's introduction to the first team ;

1. The boay his something.

2. The boay's a future Rangers and Scotland captain.

3. The boay needs to work on a few parts of his gemme.

4. The boay is never Rangers class.

5. The boay kin getae fcuk.

Kyle Lafferty does not come into the above category, he arrived for a fee in excess of �£3.5million(and, I do not blame him for the price). Further, I am not suggesting he lacks talent. I am highlighting he is frustrating in his application. It's all about responsibility, can we trust in him to hold up his end? Continually losing possession to Ross Tokely is not the problem, the histrionics and abdicating responsibility ie not chasing back, are very much the problem.

The Damascan road awaits, I hope he scores a hat-trick at Tynecastle(if selected), and I am desperate to review my opinion. I have never harangued a Rangers player, never will; although both Jim Denny and Ally Scott tested my resolve. This forum welcomes debate, it's a conversation among Friends of Rangers and it makes us all stronger.

Charlie Adam was hounded because he was absolutely pish at us 90% of the time.

His performances since at a higher level show he is actually a very talented footballer.

But that talent was no displayed here, largely I imagine due to the manager and team mates, so it is irrelevant really.

Same with Barry Ferguson, he was almost equally rotten towards the end of his Rangers career but has since proven to still be a top player

I prefer to judge a player after he has had a run of games in his preferred position. Lafferty almost hasnt had that.

The best example has to be Craig Moore. He was booed during WS' team in the 90s when he was put in the midfield and was awful. Advocaat signed him back as a centre half and he was a cracking defender who was liked.

I think if Lafferty gets a run up front,which is more likely now that Miller has gone,then I'm sure he will contribute to retaining our title,as for the fee we paid for him well that has nothing to do with him.