I find it interesting and hugely disappointing to look at Rangers and Celtic today and consider the mirror image we saw twenty years ago. Who remembers Celtic's transfer dealings back then and didn't find them satisfyingly pathetic, desperate even. We looked at some of the players they were bringing in and we knew, we absolutely knew, they would fail. We understood it was all they could afford and we gloated because we also knew with total assurance that those signings were simply consolidating failure within the walls of parkhead. We saw their squad as mere confirmation of the superiority of Rangers and the widening gulf between our success and their failure.

Now look at the two clubs today and the situation appears to be completely reversed. It strikes me that we have increasingly little prospect of winning the league title this season .... unless of course you win titles merely by wishing it. Our squad is already threadbare, our signings increasingly pointless, and every bit as desperate and deprived as those of celtic twenty years ago. I fear what then lay in front of them now lies in front of us and no amount of bluster and bravado will change the inevitable, final decline of Murray's rotten boasts all those years ago.

Why state this now? Just indulging in self-pity? Well no, it would be nice to think that if we would actually admit what lies ahead of us, we might not feel inclined to wait two or three years before expressing what we think about it. We might want to think about persuading the likes of Bastard Murray that he should shoulder public accusation for the result of his management policies at Rangers. Most people call it protest.

Edited by maineflyer

Unfortunately Rangers fans are a mirror of British society in general, apathetic and submissive. In conjunction with the present regime at Ibrox we preside over the demise in any meaningful terms, outside of our own backwater league of a once power house in Europe. I don't really know if it is possible to arrest or even reverse the malaise, to many see just enough as acceptable, the football is dire as are the alleged tactics, some of the signings defy logic, but still many accept all as being well.

Jelavic may well be the tipping point, already he is looking to be on a different level to anyone else in our team, how long will we be able to hold on to him, how long will he stick around for.

I find it interesting and hugely disappointing to look at Rangers and Celtic today and consider the mirror image we saw twenty years ago. Who remembers Celtic's transfer dealings back then and didn't find them satisfyingly pathetic, desperate even. We looked at some of the players they were bringing in and we knew, we absolutely knew, they would fail. We understood it was all they could afford and we gloated because we also knew with total assurance that those signings were simply consolidating failure within the walls of parkhead. We saw their squad as mere confirmation of the superiority of Rangers and the widening gulf between our success and their failure.

Now look at the two clubs today and the situation appears to be completely reversed. It strikes me that we have increasingly little prospect of winning the league title this season .... unless of course you win titles merely by wishing it. Our squad is already threadbare, our signings increasingly pointless, and every bit as desperate and deprived as those of celtic twenty years ago. I fear what then lay in front of them now lies in front of us and no amount of bluster and bravado will change the inevitable, final decline of Murray's rotten boasts all those years ago.

Why state this now? Just indulging in self-pity? Well no, it would be nice to think that if we would actually admit what lies ahead of us, we might not feel inclined to wait two or three years before expressing what we think about it. We might want to think about persuading the likes of Bastard Murray that he should shoulder public accusation for the result of his management policies at Rangers. Most people call it protest.

Excellent prognosis mainflyer, notice not many are willing to debate it, to near the truth ?

Excellent prognosis mainflyer, notice not many are willing to debate it, to near the truth ?

I think people appreciate that what he has written is true.

The problem is there is not only a lack of appetite for protest but no sign of anyone taking up the baton to change this. We need someone credible as a focal point to air our grievances publicly.

No such person exists in my view.

A Few Years ago, their was a protest outside the ground next to the school about the owner, he got wind of it and

a few heavies appeared and gave it the 'move along nothing here' as there was not a lot of them they gave up

after a wee shouting match.

It was a midweek game if memory serves me.

I think people appreciate that what he has written is true.

The problem is there is not only a lack of appetite for protest but no sign of anyone taking up the baton to change this. We need someone credible as a focal point to air our grievances publicly.

No such person exists in my view.

The undoubted possibility of mainflyer's post being true makes it all the more alarming, I am convinced I watched Scottish football sliding deeper into the pit yesterday, what was on offer at our national stadium was dire, nothing more nothing less, Rangers should be better a lot better than that.

Our circumstances are what they are, controlled by Murray, fan bodies cannot even agree as with fans, who the real culprits are, the bank is a convenient scapegoat for involved parties. I keep hearing a lot of talk, but a stunning silence from official fan bodies, and our management who prefer to blame the bank. While they are busy blaming and Murray is busy doing, the team and the stadium suffers from a lack of major investment, I wont say the team has not had any investment, Smith has wasted a lot of money, money ironically he would have us believe the bank will not release.

Doing nothing is apparently what is going to be the norm, the consequences do not bear thinking about, we could end up with a league on par with the league of Wales, our well being affects everyone, as it always has.

Again, much of what you write could be argued to be correct but making the analysis isn't the difficult thing. Invoking the required change is.

I wondered if big Smudger would listen to the worries of fans and be prepared to name and shame? Unfortunately he's probably got too much to lose and I can't think of any other alternative.

Again, much of what you write could be argued to be correct but making the analysis isn't the difficult thing. Invoking the required change is.

I wondered if big Smudger would listen to the worries of fans and be prepared to name and shame? Unfortunately he's probably got too much to lose and I can't think of any other alternative.

When absolute nonsense is printed, as in this article today in the Herald, why are the supporters bodies not challenging them to prove their allegations, seems we are fair game for anyone to stick the boot in, without a single bit of evidence to back up their garbage, as they know the bank will not comment as a matter of professional ethics.

http://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/spl/rangers/michael-grant-on-monday-1.1082711

The supporters groups don't have the will or the clout to challenge anything. The Assembly are reliant on a friendly board while the Trust have minimal credibility amongst the rank and file...

No-one will listen unless the right person blows the whistle.