Walter Smith - does he ever learn?

The one thing that we dont have under smith when we play is pride. I appreciate hes been around a while but i have always been of the mind that our manager has been on the receiving end of some very good fortune and circumstance. as for pride and dignity, i dont see either in our game play and its the first place i look for it. Style class and guile dont exist in the magical world of walter and im sick and tired of the dirge that he passes off as football.

I dont rate smith. I respect him but i just dont rate him. Hes been shown up as a tactical noneity far too often in my eyes even more so in the last 4 old firm games.

Maybe drum out was a harsh but i really do think he should stand down now. He looks like a guy whos running on empty with no more ideas on what to do next.

I've already posted that I think McCoist (or someone) should have taken over 1st January and I agree that Smith has little to offer now. But that doesn't justify behaving badly and letting ourselves down. It's nothing to do with 'the Rangers way', which I think is a shabby phrase made up by the shallowest amongst us. It's about behaving properly, in a way we can be proud of after the current moment is gone. Walter Smith has never been a great manager but most of the greats were actually less than history painted them to be ... but he has been a great Rangers man and a terrific ambassador who has always worked hard for the club. Above all, Walter is one of us and we should all bear that in mind before cruxifying him. By all means criticise the manager but mind the man while you're at it. :cheers:

Lennon knows and is fully aware that the 4-5-1 we play suits his team right down to the ground, the results show you that, but ffs hoofing the ball straight up the park from defence from us to Diof, lafferty or jelavic isn't working, the Celtic defence would have a quiet day just picking up needless long punts from our defenders :( fuckin depressing