Walter Smith - does he ever learn?

I remember you! Nice to see a familiar face.

Agree on the Weir point - he should not be selected for games other than the diddy sides. Bartley is far better an option in every sense.

Yeah, Always wondered where you disappeared to mate,

I really hope we manage to keep a hold of Bartley. He may not be the finished article however he has all the right attributes to go far.

Although Weir did not really do much wrong last night the whole team tends to play far too deep when he is at the back.

The last 4 OF results have been 0-2, 2-2, 0-3 and 0-1 and as I mentioned before, we've attempted to play the same way, even at Ibrox.

Thats terrible, its a 8-2 aggregate and all the games have been in the last 2 months.

Ive posted a few times the best way to play celtic is attack them as their defence is weak. The defensive line up with 1 upfront is depressing and cringeworthy. 4 games in 2 months shows its not working. Only the first 20 mins in the 2-2 game was decent yet we were all out attacking 4-4-2

If we went 4-4-2 last night and went for it yet still lost I wouldnt be as bothered.

The League Cup final will be very interesting to see what formation he puts out

Ive posted a few times the best way to play celtic is attack them as their defence is weak.

Last night was the perfect chance to really test their defence because Mulgrew was shaky after their defeat to Motherwell and their No1 keeper was out.

they didn't even need a keeper last night - and their defence were on the cigars all match. That is totally unacceptable. We approached the game like we did with Manure and Barcelona FFS !!!

shocking dispaly - AGAIN. Smith is accountable for this mess !!!!

Step aside Walter - your time is more than up !

As i said before, had smith done his job properly in the first leg wed have been through no problem. im still bloody raging at the manner in which he set his stall out for that second half. It was a disgrace to play with 1 up front against 10 men.

And with same old tactics the same result again. I would rather lose 10 nil trying to win than watching our feeble clueless gutless performances agianst a mediocre side like the mhanks.

But he wont change. I have no fucking idea why he plays the 5 4 1 formation when it is plain for all to see that it just doesnt work but i know for sure come cup final day that it will be rolled out again to the bemusment of our fans.

I would drum smith out of ibrox in a minute given the chance.

I just can't see how Walter can justify setting us up last night in the same fashion that had seen us beaten without so much as a whimper twice already this year. If he approaches the Cup Final like we're playing Barcelona again you can knock a second trophy off the Quadruple.

The Lurgan Bigot's got his measure, and it's truly pitiful to watch.

I would drum smith out of ibrox in a minute given the chance.

I want to see him replaced every bit as much as you do but let's not lose the plot. Walter Smith has been a great servant of this club and if we're half the club we think we are then we won't be drumming him anywhere. What we'll do is ensure this great guy leaves with his pride intact and our thanks ringing in his ears. Anything less and Rangers is completely finished.

Ive posted a few times the best way to play celtic is attack them as their defence is weak.

Running at their defence has been the way to go against that shower since they had O'Neill in charge.

Last night's set-up reeked of Walter shutting his eyes and hoping for the best (i.e. sneaking a goal with our one shot on target and sitting on it). Woeful.

I want to see him replaced every bit as much as you do but let's not lose the plot. Walter Smith has been a great servant of this club and if we're half the club we think we are then we won't be drumming him anywhere. What we'll do is ensure this great guy leaves with his pride intact and our thanks ringing in his ears. Anything less and Rangers is completely finished.

The one thing that we dont have under smith when we play is pride. I appreciate hes been around a while but i have always been of the mind that our manager has been on the receiving end of some very good fortune and circumstance. as for pride and dignity, i dont see either in our game play and its the first place i look for it. Style class and guile dont exist in the magical world of walter and im sick and tired of the dirge that he passes off as football.

I dont rate smith. I respect him but i just dont rate him. Hes been shown up as a tactical noneity far too often in my eyes even more so in the last 4 old firm games.

Maybe drum out was a harsh but i really do think he should stand down now. He looks like a guy whos running on empty with no more ideas on what to do next.