When we played them off the park at the piggery to clinch the league title. We were simply so much better than them that the result was inevitable. Everything seemed destined to go in our favour and nothing they tried could change the predictable outcome. We were strong and their every weakness was on show for all to see. Their discipline went out the window and their fans cried conspiracy.

Last night looked like a similarly inevitable outcome. All our weaknesses went on show yet again, our management seemed incapable of doing anything but repeat past mistakes and, as we struggled, our discipline evaporated. More especially, they win every psychological confrontation and seem as strong as we are weak.

They responded to that epic disaster by appointing Martin O'Neill and have spent heavily ever since to ensure it didn't happen again. Where is our response going to come from? Because, make no mistake about it, we are a distant second best to celtic right now and the gulf isn't closing without a radical change of direction.

walter smith handed celtic a major psychological advantage with his tactics and 5 4 1 formation in the 2 -2 draw and were still paying for it now. they show no fear when they play us and to be honest i wouldnt either if i was a manager facing smith. i cannot believe how pathetic we are when we face them.

If this is the best smith can do them hed be better going now.

walter smith handed celtic a major psychological advantage with his tactics and 5 4 1 formation in the 2 -2 draw and were still paying for it now. they show no fear when they play us and to be honest i wouldnt either if i was a manager facing smith. i cannot believe how pathetic we are when we face them.

If this is the best smith can do them hed be better going now.

If something's broken, fix it. 4-5-1 is wasted in these OF games. We're going to get beat five times in a season by that shite if our manager doesn't get his head out the sand now.

sorry to go against the grain here but we simply dont have the players available to compete with a different formation , just look at last nights bench , if we use the arguement of how far we have fallen then I am in 100% AGREEMENT

sorry to go against the grain here but we simply dont have the players available to compete with a different formation , just look at last nights bench , if we use the arguement of how far we have fallen then I am in 100% AGREEMENT

If we can't get more than one shot on target using a different system, against a team like that, we may as well pack up and go home.

4-5-1 will be our cup final formation with green / White ribbons on that trophy come the end of the 90mins, Diof smothered out the game again by the Celtic defence!

I'm hoping Jelavic will be fit for the game, plus it should be 4-4-2.

I think there are far more pressing issues here than what fucking formation we use. The stink of defeat lies heavy around Rangers, the players are fundamentally weak, the leadership is worn out and entrenched, the club is broke and the board is inept, the ownership issue is the longest-running farce in town, the club has no friends left in the media to rally support, the fans are more divided and rudderless than ever, Rangers are pariahs in their own back yard. There's no energy left in the club and what you see on the park is the evidence of it. Sorry but two up front isn't the solution to Rangers woes. It's a deeper problem than will be solved on the tactics board.