Seeing Beattie in recent times, he looks alot fitter and leaner.

Our fitnes training must be pretty poor. But it's consistent with the rest of our 'training and development', in that we're not very good at it and players struggle to do the basics well. As we're clearly not working on our touch, control, composure, passing, awareness and overall technique, then what chance does our fitness development stand ??

I'm sure I've read that we don't really "train" during the week. As we have so many games and such a small squad, everybody is basically involved in the matches, then there is the recovery from a game... It is concerning that Beattie looks so much better now, but part of that may be the fact he gets more space, or in fact we helped get him out of his slump of not playing in ages, and now he's back regularly Blackpool they are seeing the benefit. Correct me if I'm wrong, but he's only away on loan?

I'm sure I've read that we don't really "train" during the week. As we have so many games and such a small squad, everybody is basically involved in the matches, then there is the recovery from a game... It is concerning that Beattie looks so much better now, but part of that may be the fact he gets more space, or in fact we helped get him out of his slump of not playing in ages, and now he's back regularly Blackpool they are seeing the benefit. Correct me if I'm wrong, but he's only away on loan?

seeing what we produce week in week out, it's shocking that these players are not working on improving their game. Christ, Barcelona players are known for continiously working on their touch, control, composure, passing etc. etc. Messi stays behind most days to work on things.

In many games we struggle to string three passes together and virtually no-one in our side has genuine composure on the ball. Our touch and balance are shocking. Why are our players not working on this or wanting to stay behind after training to prcatice shooting, free kicks etc. ??

I'm not sure we'll see Beattie back at Ibrox mate. holloway has got Adam and now Beattie, fitter and leaner - that shows us up for what we are like behind the scenes.

I'd actually prefer them both to start, just go for it. Diouf supporting as best he can.

exactly - go with two up top.

if we attack me might stand a chance. if we don't we'll just be camped in our own half defending wave after wave of attack.

PSV will be decent opposition - but they're no Barcelona FFS.

Have some guts Walter - set us up to actually try to score and maybe even win the game !!

It's no coincidence that about the only time we got numbers in the Sporting box, we scored. Edu may have got it, but there were other players atacking the ball in their box !

Edited by MoodyBlue