Official Text:

Lafferty set for comeback in Holland on Thursday. Tonsillitis problem has cleared and he could be on plane to Eindhoven.

Here was me thinking the boost might be that he was still oot!!

Reminds me of travelling to Valencia in 1978. I was sitting in a cafe enjoying a doble expresso, on the morning of the game. Doc Cruikshank walks in and I asked him to cheer me up. He told me Billy Urquart was passed fit to play. To this day, I do not know if he was ripping the pysh.

Valencia had Mario Kempes, we had Billy Urquart.

Still, Billy Hurdy-Gurdy might have had a better first touch than Kyle(Edvard Munch)Lafferty.

Really? Beattie literally offered nothing at least Lafferty scores in this league.

I'm probably exaggerating a wee bit mate. In saying that, given a proper run in the team, Beattie would have offered more than Lafferty IMO, which wouldn't be hard. Gave the Chelsea defence a few problems last night in the air and on the ground. his ball set up Blackpool goal.

I still think there is problems with our fitness training as Beattie always looked off the pace with us and as you say he looked not bad against Chelsea last night. Also look at Charlie Adam as well.

I still think there is problems with our fitness training as Beattie always looked off the pace with us and as you say he looked not bad against Chelsea last night. Also look at Charlie Adam as well.

Seeing Beattie in recent times, he looks alot fitter and leaner.

Our fitnes training must be pretty poor. But it's consistent with the rest of our 'training and development', in that we're not very good at it and players struggle to do the basics well. As we're clearly not working on our touch, control, composure, passing, awareness and overall technique, then what chance does our fitness development stand ??

We're all well aware that Lafferty is inconsistent and my own patience has probably worn out with the lad.

However, we're seriously short of mobility and any sort of pace up front so the return of the big man should help out in that regard. Will he be the answer or win us the title? I don't know but his availability will aid us more than it will hinder us that's for sure.