Take back the terrace, League Cup Final 20/03/11

Taken from another Rangers forum. Hope this is ok to put on here. Just spreading the word:

Were you at the last final against them? if you were you'll be aware we didn't do ourselves, our club or our players justice, now this isn't about why we didn't it's about how we can make sure it doesn't happen again.

The team needs us more than ever this year.

I propose a campaign, be it by text, email or word of mouth. The Rangers end at Hampden in full voice AND fully standing, imagine the sight, imagine the fear of the taigs and arguably most importantly imagine the inspiration it will give to our heroes.

This thread isn't for people who dont wish to help it's for those of us who do.

Lets make the Rangers end like it is at the Piggery and Shittodrie. NO excuses.

If we all get behind this we will give our players a huge lift and we will piss all over the top of the girls brigade and their designated section they will have in Hampden.

The Bears vs The Girls, no contest.

Quote:

League cup final, we ALL stand. Pass this onto fellow bears let's take back the terrace. NO SURRENDER.

This simple text message COULD make all the difference. EVERYONE get it sent to your mates.

Onwards to 54!

It is quite possible to be fully supportive of the team, and in full voice, whilst sitting comfortably in your seat.

As I will be in the family section, it is also important for adults to remember that there will be a lot of kids there that will be unable to see if there are adults standing in the row in front of them.

Whilst I remember and loved being on the terracing at Ibrox and Hampden cheering on the team in the days before all seated stadia, I would say it had more to do with being able to stand in groups of mates together than standing or sitting.

Certainly a chunk of the section behind the goal of the traditional Rangers end should be bouncing for 90 mins. Its just a shame Hampden doesnt hold another 20000 these days to give it a real atmosphere.

What about the fans like my mate who can't stand for the full game?

I hear what you're saying mate. In reality your mate will be in a tiny minority of bears who are genuinely unable to stand for the full game, for whatever reason. But don't get me wrong, I have sympathy with those with a genuine issue. What we can't have tiime for is those bears who go along to games and expect to sit and relax in comfort as if they were lying on their sofa at home. They want a perfect view and to be able to crunch on their crisps in peace and quiet. That's what we've become over the years !!

This is an OF cup final FFS - we HAVE to be up for this. There should be no need to have a push to ensure we create an atmos - it's embarassing that we even have to mention it.

I think the jist of this particualr push is to ensure that whatever happens, we're not outsung by the taigs again. It's been happening mnore and more over recent years.

The team need us more than ever and after 4 horrendous performances against them, it's time for our turn now.

IMO there will be thousands standing on Sunday - on both sides. IMO their whole end will be standing - and this plan is to ensure our West stand bears also stand, like the old days. They have their Groin Brigade all allocated together - with the help of their club. Their club are at least trying to help their more active fans. Ours hate us and what we stand for, but we've been far too soft and apathetic over the years, hence they've been able to treat us like shit.

Anyway, we have an even split on Sunday and it's a great opportunity to really get stuck right into this mob on and off the pitch. We need to show WE Are The People and there is no better platform for us to show that than on Sunday.

Let's have no regrets after the match bears - on or off the pitch.