You've got to give him kudos for it. He's already a bear at heart. Obviously, he won't be able to leave it unattended anywhere in Scotland, and his life could be at risk on the road from the Yahoo nutters.

I like the fact that he isnt being intimidated. Good for him. I wish some of our other players had the balls to be confrontational (ON the pitch, not off it) and passionate.

The rest could take a leaf out of EHD's book - he obviously doesnt like being beaten. Some of the rest look like they couldnt care less.

PS It's just a different world to be a hated figure who gets paid a fortune for a part time job many of us pay to do in our spare time and just go out and buy a three hundred grand car, with custom paint job, just like that.

I suppose for us plebs, that's what motorbikes are for. i just spent a paltry 2.5k on an old, utilitarian, 1000cc Yamaha Fazer, which will still beat his car from A to B in most circumstances... I do miss my 'Blade though but my broken joints won't be good on a sports bike for a while.

Can't see it being a new one since there were only about 4000 of those McLaren Merc's made. Diouf already had one that was sprayed chrome, so it's most likely just had a paint job.

PS It's just a different world to be a hated figure who gets paid a fortune for a part time job many of us pay to do in our spare time and just go out and buy a three hundred grand car, with custom paint job, just like that.

I suppose for us plebs, that's what motorbikes are for. i just spent a paltry 2.5k on an old, utilitarian, 1000cc Yamaha Fazer, which will still beat his car from A to B in most circumstances... I do miss my 'Blade though but my broken joints won't be good on a sports bike for a while.

It's a fast car cal. 0-60 in 3.6secs and will do almost 210mph. Cost well over �£400k too btw. ;)

Edited by Zappa
typo

I'm just about to spend that on a boiler.

The excitement!

It's a fast car cal. 0-60 in 3.6secs and will do almost 210mph. Cost well over �£400k too btw. ;)

My last bike (2007 Fireblade) did 0-60 in about 3.3s and 0-100 in 5.5, top speed 180mph. My current one does 0-60 in about 4s and 0-100 in about 7.5 and tops out about 160.

In the end, a 1000cc bike will beat any super-car on British roads in most circumstances. The main thing is that it will be as fast or faster to about 120 (you will rarely go above that) and overtaking is about 100 times easier. A fast car will always eventually be caught in traffic - a fast bike won't. On a sunny Sunday, count the number of bikes that overtake you and the number of cars - especially if you drive fast.

Round a track against the clock is a different story as cars are better in corners and so it will depend on the car, bike, driver and rider. 1000cc Bikes will still win most of the time but beaten by the likes of the Veyron and the new, super fast Atom.

But then after that, you say the car cost 400k... My last bike was two years old with 3k on the clock and cost �£6k... I'll never be able to afford the car.

However, I suppose a bike wasn't great when some idiot without a licence pulled out without looking or signalling and knocked me off on a dual carriageway...

You're braver than me cal. I've had such bad luck driving cars in my life that I wouldn't last 6 months on a bike.

That Veyron is something else, but then you'd expect something special if you were spending �£1.6 miliion on a car! It's literally like a rocket. They need to limit it's top speed to below 260mph because the tires can't cope with going above it. :wtf: