To renew or not to renew - the �£20million question

Rover Tickets should be re-introduced.

Copland would be a good place to start - as well as Enclosures.

That's one way of looking how to maximise sales but clarity on club strategy may be just as important - no matter what ticket we buy.

maineflyer.

I am not saying being a ST holder is some sort of badge of honour. For someone like myself who goes to every game it is a convenient way of managing my entrace to the stadium. I don't have to keep buying a ticket every second week, so makes it easy access. This will be the mindset of thousands of other bears, so I don't see the big deal here.

As mention, from an even more practical point of view I think the club should scrap the current seating plan and introduce Rover Tickets for at leaset certain part of the ground. Groups of friends and RSC's would be able ot sit next to each other - and I'd like to think that would at least improve the atmos. Groups like TBO and UB's could also get together easier.

maineflyer.

I am not saying being a ST holder is some sort of badge of honour. For someone like myself who goes to every game it is a convenient way of managing my entrace to the stadium. I don't have to keep buying a ticket every second week, so makes it easy access. This will be the mindset of thousands of other bears, so I don't see the big deal here.

As mention, from an even more practical point of view I think the club should scrap the current seating plan and introduce Rover Tickets for at leaset certain part of the ground. Groups of friends and RSC's would be able ot sit next to each other - and I'd like to think that would at least improve the atmos. Groups like TBO and UB's could also get together easier.

Fair enough MB but you can probably see where I'm coming from. Every snot phoning a radio station has to qualify himself by saying he's a ST holder, we've all heard it often enough, as if only those credentials allow him to speak with the authority of a true supporter. It's by no means only Rangers either but it is a complete tosh when you really think about it.

Season tickets had some practical purpose when pay as you go tickets were hard to acquire but I know people who have regularly attended on the basis of pay as you go for years, preferring the choice of spending their money according to the willingness of the club to treat them with respect (shop a fan) or run the club properly.

However, it's not just a matter of principle with respcet to the owner or directors. Season tickets have added to the decline in atmosphere almost as much as the volume of the tannoy music (that must contravene some HSE regulations) by preventing football being a shared enjoyment in the way almost every other activity can be. For this reason I completely support your call for rover tickets, which should be standard for at least 30% of the stadium. But do you see anyone putting the customer first in this regard? Not a chance as long as we appear to be so easily satisfied - something usually confirmed in a commercial transaction by paying your money. Paying everything in advance usually sends the signal you don't give a monkeys about the quality of the product being served up, just that you can be sure to get it.

Edited by maineflyer

Fair enough MB but you can probably see where I'm coming from. Every snot phoning a radio station has to qualify himself by saying he's a ST holder, we've all heard it often enough, as if only those credentials allow him to speak with the authority of a true supporter. It's by no means only Rangers either but it is a complete tosh when you really think about it.

Season tickets had some practical purpose when pay as you go tickets were hard to acquire but I know people who have regularly attended on the basis of pay as you go for years, preferring the choice of spending their money according to the willingness of the club to treat them with respect (shop a fan) or run the club properly.

However, it's not just a matter of principle with respcet to the owner or directors. Season tickets have added to the decline in atmosphere almost as much as the volume of the tannoy music (that must contravene some HSE regulations) by preventing football being a shared enjoyment in the way almost every other activity can be. For this reason I completely support your call for rover tickets, which should be standard for at least 30% of the stadium. But do you see anyone putting the customer first in this regard? Not a chance as long as we appear to be so easily satisfied - something usually confirmed in a commercial transaction by paying your money. Paying everything in advance usually sends the signal you don't give a monkeys about the quality of the product being served up, just that you can be sure to get it.

I hear what your saying - and agree about the decline in atmosphere. I'd happily start again with ST's and place more emphasis on Rover tickets.

It's an emotional thing for me - I feel I have to be there every week. I've never done drugs, but it's like an addiction. Regardless of having a ST or not I'd be there every week.

At the end of the day whether ST holder or not, we're all Rangers fans and we all want the same thing. We have differing opinions on how to get there but ultimately we all share the same goal.

We can start by pumping that mhob on Sunday. Walter and the players owe us one big time !!

Come on bears.

I'm not an ST holder, i turn up and pay my money at the door whenever i can work commitments permitting. i don't think i am any the lesser of an supporter nor do i think my friends that have ST's think they are any better or more committed to the club than me. However i have always thought there is an them and us attitude from the Hierarchy at Rangers and i and my fellow supporters outwith the Players or executive lounges, are at best tolerated and at worse marginalised from the club. This is why i believe that the Board never support or defend the various supporter organisations, i honestly believe they think we deserve most of the attacks from the Mhedia and as an consequence we bring some if not all the trouble on our self and the club as we do not know better and lack the intelligence and good manners to grace their presence. Very sad to say this but i believe their (the board) snobbish attitudes stop many supporters from feeling any real connection to the club, other than the "Rangers till i die" and "Follow Follow allegiance that is instilled or inherited from our forefathers as in my case .

I hear what your saying - and agree about the decline in atmosphere. I'd happily start again with ST's and place more emphasis on Rover tickets.

It's an emotional thing for me - I feel I have to be there every week. I've never done drugs, but it's like an addiction. Regardless of having a ST or not I'd be there every week.

At the end of the day whether ST holder or not, we're all Rangers fans and we all want the same thing. We have differing opinions on how to get there but ultimately we all share the same goal.

We can start by pumping that mhob on Sunday. Walter and the players owe us one big time !!

Come on bears.

Well said!