Another Old Firm Summit ?

Will we need another OF summit seeing as someone was sent off ? Or will we just ignore it ?

Will we just accept that these things happen ?

Will anyone have the balls to point out that it was somewhat of a timid match with few powderkeg moments... and that this transpired when LENNON was nowhere near the action ? lowest common denominator in every incident that has happened between the two teams this season.... yep, the one guy who wasnt allowed near the action today - and unsurprisingly we didnt see too many ugly moments.

Didnt think so.

I always think that headlines such as "33 arrests around the ground" are useless without some sort of comparison of what the average at a large football derby is. After all, 33 sounds amazingly few when fifty to sixty thousand people get together with some kind of tribal rivalry.

I'd like to know how many there are in a Manchester derby...

I always think that headlines such as "33 arrests around the ground" are useless without some sort of comparison of what the average at a large football derby is. After all, 33 sounds amazingly few when fifty to sixty thousand people get together with some kind of tribal rivalry.

I'd like to know how many there are in a Manchester derby...

There you go, introducing facts when all they intended was a little routine propaganda.:smile:

Nineteen arrests after Manchester United and City derby

Police maintained a high profile for the match

Continue reading the main story

Related Stories

Increased policing for derby game

Nineteen people were arrested during the Manchester United and Manchester City derby match, police have said.

Sixteen people were arrested on suspicion of a variety of offences including drunkenness, public order and ticket touting.

Three people were arrested on suspicion of throwing an object on the pitch, criminal damage and possession of drugs.

But the force thanked fans for their overall good behaviour.

United won 2-1, including a goal scored by an overhead kick from Wayne Rooney.

Greater Manchester Police's Assistant Chief Constable Neil Wain said: "This was a tense and exciting game and it is being discussed for all of the right reasons.

"We are once again grateful to the vast majority of law-abiding fans from both sides for their patience."

There were seven more arrests the following week using cctv footage which makes 26 in total. Not far off the 33 at the OF match but if you compare arrests without silly sing song stuff then I think they may be worse.

Funny how the BBC play up the "overall good behaviour"...