Rangers rage at bbc - leggo

"Though even Johnston's harsh words did not explode with as big a bang as the explosion within Ibrox when the BBC's April Fool's Day story broke.

However, that rage was also nothing compared to how angry Johnston was when Rangers were recently landed with a �£2.8m bill from the taxman, relating back to the Dick Advocaat era.

Neither Johnston, nor chief executive Martin Bain had any hint from Sir David Murray that this was a possibility.

That bill has inflated the Ibrox debt to something in the region of �£24M."

Mr Murray, is invisible but still causing damage to our club.

I switched on BBC Scotland's Ceefax pages at 7.30 this morning. Both local news and sport, pages 160 and 390 respectively chorused, "Rangers Debt increased to 29million". At 9.30, it changed to, "Rangers Debt Increases by 3.5million". At this moment it reads, "Rangers suffer �£3.5million Profits loss".

It would appear BBC Scotland are determined to put a negative spin on the interim results.

Guest Dutchy

When I woke up this morning they said on the radio that the debt had gone up to �£29 million. There was no repeat of that statement in subsequent broadcasts, except that our turn-over and yearly profit had both gone down.

That's maybe not so big a surprise and there have been a few games called off in December and I think we've still to recieve our CL money yet.

I wish I was a finacial wizard, but then again not, as you don't need to be a wizard to know when folk are talking shite.lol

Just been watching STV news and I'm getting really fed up with the constant negative spin the mhedia put on our team. I don't generally read newspapars but I think I'm going to stop watching scottish news reports for a while too. You can hear the glee in their voices when they report that the HMRC investigation could put us into administration and our debt hasn't gone down (according to them obviously).

A reduction in turnover and profits means a rise in debts is the media financial thinking, they are utterly clueless and will put any negative spin on our financial results. We have also missed a few home games but the is equally forgot.

Guest Dutchy
Just been watching STV news and I'm getting really fed up with the constant negative spin the mhedia put on our team. I don't generally read newspapars but I think I'm going to stop watching scottish news reports for a while too. You can hear the glee in their voices when they report that the HMRC investigation could put us into administration and our debt hasn't gone down (according to them obviously).

The media like nothing better than to sex up a story and Rangers financial troubles need a bit of spin on them to make it easier for them to get excited.

I heard the BBC radio report, which was probably the same as went out on TV, concentrating on the debt being �£29 million, again. I've read and listened to all the reports and nothing seems to have changed other than we've been exposed to the fact, which we all know, that the bank have been remiss in their treatment of our club.

The Bank of Scotland were jacobite supporters yhears ago, and I've no reason to believe that they are any diffirent now that they are part of the Lloyds group