Guest Pokeherface

I hope you read all the comments on the thread on FF, which I believe is the one you are referring to. Certain people, and you and I both know what I mean :D told it exactly as it happened re the protests, regardless f who that might have upset and made sure that nobody should be claiming any special credit for the mess.

I think despite AJ's revelations it is still quite difficult for the average fan to make up their mind on just who is responsible for what at Rangers FC. The only certainty we have is that it is a shambles worthy of huge criticism.

Even worse then that some supporters would consider it more appropriate to indulge in the kind of petty 'I told you so' crap we're seeing elsewhere, rather than work together to address the many failings we all have.

That , Frankie , sums up the modern day Rangers support

I think Johnson had already decided he won't continue under Murray's ownership and that he won't be allowed to continue under Whyte's ownership.

One of the articles on AJ over the weekend had direct quotes that Whyte admitted to knowing nothing of running a football club and suggested that he could do with AJ's help. It seems, as you say, that AJ has decided he wont continue under the new regime and this explains why he his being more candid with his quotes.

Guest Pokeherface

I cant see any way that he would have made the comments he did, on a couple of subjects, if he thought he was staying at the club for any length of time. It is to be hoped that this is becuase a take-over is coming because if it is not, it would herald Wabash having been right for the last year or so and we would be looking forward to a few more years of Murray.

Sorry for a daft question, but does that mean he has stepped down from the chair and it just needs announced?

No , not unless Murray removes him, which will only occur I believe should this take over fall through

No , not unless Murray removes him, which will only occur I believe should this take over fall through

Murray would need the bank's agreement to change his chairman, which might be forthcoming but not while these negotiations are ongoing. My worry is that AJ is being forthright because he knows or believes that Murray will not complete the sale to Whyte. It could be that someone else has entered the picture - if you were to want in at such a late date, or at least to make sure the Whyte deal doesn't go through and scupper your chances, you would quietly ensure Murray believes he can get a much better deal from you than from Whyte. That need not be a better offer for his shares either. Of course the whole point of exclusivity is that Murray should not talk to anyone else ... but we all know that's bullshit. Just speculating of course. I haven't a scooby what the hell is going on, just praying for a change of ownership and our willingness to change along with it.