Le Guen bans tackling!

I see Lee Martin is out for a month with ligament damage, maybe this was a sarcastic remark made in reaction to that.

so thats Burke..Sionko..and now Martin out!!

where will the width in our team come from?

Stevie Lennon said theunder 19's were sometimes banned form tackling in training games to improve the technical side of their game.

Not a bad idea although I hear most young rangers players careers are ended by the hard astrograss surface of the pitches at murray park

Speaking of steven lennon - he's been tearing it up for the scotland u-19s this week,

someone i'm really excited about and will be watching closely.

Banning tackling would not only reduce injuries but also vastly improve the players movement - so IMO can only be a good thing as movement in midfield/up front is something we could definitely improve on.

Here in Holland in indoor football there is no fysical contact or slide tackles allowed. It makes the game a quick passing game. Pass and move,i would imagine that is what Le Guen is looking for.

Here in Holland in indoor football there is no fysical contact or slide tackles allowed. It makes the game a quick passing game. Pass and move,i would imagine that is what Le Guen is looking for.

This should be part of everyday training anyway, it makes much more sense and improves passing and movement.

Its the way all the asians play aswell and really makes the game quicker and fitness shoots up.