Here we go again - more anti Rangers propaganda from the bheasts

Thanks Frankie. I googled it and just finished reading it all. Quite incredible. It's plain to see that this is fueling their agenda, so to me it's a logical step to ask who would have the biggest motive for organising these things and I certainly don't come to the conclusion that it could be Rangers fans.

Lennon, on his own, is HATED (yes, such a strong word but appropriate for him) by the fans of almost every club the length and breadth of not just Scotland but also England. He has involved himself in unsuccessful property deals with known IRA terrorists. With regards to Lennon it could be absolutely ANYONE who sent him a bomb or any other threatening mail.

McBride - his could very well have been from one of his former clients or adversaries - he is a criminal QC after all. Could be absolutely anyone that sent him one too. He also defended Lennon in his SFA battle... any of Lennon's adversaries, or people who dislike him, could now attach McBride to Lennon and harbour a grudge on him too. People work in strange ways.

Godman - she is part of a parliament which has been pretty inept for a long time. People are suffering financially, struggling to make ends meet, and that can quite easily result in an over-flowing of emotion. Again, could be ANYONE that sent one to her. In her case, I also find it somewhat convenient that they mention she wore a Celtic strip to the last day of parliament (would you not really deem that inappropriate anyway, wearing a clubs colours on the job ??). Who cares ? Rangers fans know if plenty other more high profile Celtic supporters than Trish Godman. Why, if it was Rangers fans, did they not send one to Rod Stewart or Billy Connolly ? FFS, talk about just throwing shit at a wall and hoping it sticks.

Simply, the media have tried to combine all of these three people and tried to tag them as "Celtic" people and leave the rest to conjecture - and the natural conjecture would be that it must have been "Rangers" people who were the culprits. You can see it with the statement of Godman wearing a Celtic top to parliament - that was the only way they could have tagged her in. Pitiful really.

Could it have been Rangers fans ? Of course it could. Is it likely ? No more likely than it possibly having been Celtic fans. But the mhedia wont let the truth get in the way of the bullshit, blunder and tarnishing of Rangers and their fans !

Guest Dutchy
I blame the papers and the media. About time they were pulled to task about their responsibilities in this whole debate.

Whoever is responsible, it is not "Rangers fans."

Until the culprit/s is/are found, all speculation or innuendo borders on the defamatory and certainly is inflammatory.

These editors/newspaper owners (and the BBC) should be central to any summit on sectarianism. They're as guilty as anyone of fanning the flames.

Almost exactly what I wanted to say on this matter. The media have become so sensationalist, that they don't even seem to understand that no one is guilty until found to be so. Their cutely manipulated wording of reports, ie "Neil Lenon, a catholic who refused to play for N Ireland after death threats", seem to be constructed for precisely the purpose to wind up the situation, instead of pushing they police and other authorities to catch the perpetrator.

Of course, I think we all know that these/this person/s will be highly unlikely to be caught, but at least you would think that they could at least make the whole 'debate' more accurate by highlighting the fact that it is not necessarily Rangers supporters sending this shite. Or even the possibility of it being part of a bigger conspiracy, something I know followers of history will testify to being a common propaganda method in war/battles.

Guest Dutchy

In an addition to what I wrote earlier, I think that lemon said that he's prefer to play for the Republic of Ireland rather than N Ireland. He then received death threats, then stopped playing. A rather mute point you may think, but it stinks of inaccurate reporting.

So what is the answer to the latest attempted attack on Neil Lennon? And just exactly why has 71 year old MSP Trish Godman been targeted along with Paul Mc Bride QC? It would appear that Trish Godman’s only connection is that she is a self-confessed Celtic fan. Paul Mc Bride, like all QC’s has defended the dregs of society, Murderers, Drug Barons, Rapists, and Armed Robbers; but he defends Neil Lennon and gets sent an explosive device through the post.

I believe that Celtic should now pull out of the rest of this season by refusing to fulfil the rest of our fixtures due to the unprecedented death threats to our Manager. I have never before known any manager in any country to be put under so much pressure; how he is expected to function under these circumstances is beyond me.

I think now we have to stand up and be counted; I’m sure Lenny knows that he has the 100% support of everyone connected to Celtic FC; in our 123 years of proud history we have never had to face such threats; or rather; no Celtic Manager or Players have had to face such threats; I don’t know if Celtic FC can continue to play football under such circumstances.

Many times on this site I have said that we are isolated within Scottish Football, I have not heard one word of condemnation from anyone with the exception of Stewart Regan of the SFA, where is Alex Smith of the league Management Association? Where is Fraser Wishart of the Players Union?

The SFA had the opportunity to show their impartiality recently when the Ibrox 3 appeared before them; they failed miserably to come out of that with any credibility whatsoever. We had the so-called olive branch being offered by Peat, that was probably because this story was about to break; and he knew it. The Celtic support has absolutely no confidence in the SFA in its present to form to fairly administer Scottish Football.

I don’t think Celtic will do as I suggest and pull out of the rest of the season; so we can only hope that we get through the season and end up with the Double in the trophy cabinet. If we continue in Scottish Football next season then I sincerely hope we raise the boycott issue again; I certainly believe we should withhold any financial contribution to at least some of the other teams within Scottish Football; and I would personally start with the first away match at Kilmarnock.

Lenny certainly doesn’t need me to fight his battles; he has shown throughout his career that he can stand up for himself; and the last thing he will want is trouble at this week ends match at Snake Mountain. So let’s go along there and support our Manager and Team in the manner in which we have become famous; and when the clock shows 18 minutes; let’s all stand and applaud our Manager, the Legend that is NEIL LENNON. YOU’LL NEVER WALK ALONE NEIL.

Mad Joe

http://www.celticsupporterassoc.co.uk/showthread.php?t=884&p=4318#post4318

NEW Celtic boss Neil Lennon has lost nearly EUR650,000 on a failed property firm - and the man he set it up with was embroiled in an IRA money laundering racket, the Irish Sunday Mirror can reveal.

Lennon's business partner Julian Dowe had his house seized by anti-crime chiefs as part of the biggest ever investigation into the financing of the IRA in Britain, we have learned.

And, as well as losing a large slice of his own savings in the collapsed firm, Hoops hero Lennon is now being sued for more than EUR3million by the Bank of Ireland which loaned money to the project.

The extraordinary revelations come in the week Celtic appointed former captain Lennon, 38, as caretaker manager after the sacking of flop boss Tony Mowbray.

Parkhead chiefs will be concerned that fans' favourite Lennon, hit in the past by a series of sex scandals, will now be engulfed in lengthy and high-profile legal action relating to his business dealings. Lennon set up a property development firm in Ireland in December, 2005, with former professional footballer Dowe, we reveal today.

But, embarrassingly for Lennon, within months of founding the firm, Dowe was caught up in a massive pounds 11million IRA money laundering scam. There is no suggestion that Lennon has been accused of any involvement.

Dowe's EUR250,000 property in Manchester was targeted by investigators who alleged he was an associate of Thomas 'Slab' Murphy, the IRA's former chief of staff.

British investigators won a court order under Proceeds of Crime laws to confiscate the home from Dowe on the grounds he was involved in a mortgage fraud connected to the IRA laundering scam.

Dowe, 34, later resigned as a director of Lennon's firm, which was set up to build 61 luxury homes on a prime site near the M1 at Dundalk, Co Louth.

Now, the firm which Lennon set up, called Rocket Developments, has collapsed without a single house being built - leaving fuming Lennon out of pocket to the tune of EUR646,000.

Worried Lennon has now hired one of the country's top barristers to begin court action in the High Court to recover the cash, which he invested in the company when it was set up.

Meanwhile, the Bank of Ireland has filed a separate lawsuit against Lennon seeking to recover around EUR3million which it loaned to the company.

Lennon intends to vigorously contest the bank's action - filed at the High Court in Dublin in November last year - in what could be a lengthy and highly expensive legal wrangle.

A source said: "The bank is trying to make Neil the fall guy for the firm going down.

"It's a nightmare scenario for him. "He's suing to get his money back - while being sued himself by the bank.

"Neil insists that the bank is totally wrong and is determined to fight his corner all the way.

"But, obviously, if the bank wins, which his lawyers say is very unlikely, he's facing shelling out the best part of EUR3million plus legal fees - which is one heck of a lot of money.

"And, apart from all that, there's the issue of his former codirector being caught up in an IRA money laundering investigation w h i c h h e knew nothing about. It really is the stuff of nightmares."

Lennon and former striker Dowe were football trainees at Manchester City.

Whereas Lennon, from Lurgan, Co Armagh, went on to star for Leicester and then captain Celtic, Dowe faded away from football after spells with non-league clubs. In December, 2005, at the height of the property boom, Lennon and his co-director Dowe founded Rocket Developments Ltd to build a new housing estate close to the main Dublin-Belfast motorway.

The firm paid around EUR3.5m for the plot - six acres of muddy fields which now lie empty and are up for sale again.

And, with thousands of new-build houses lying unsold across the country, the once prime-site near the M1 is now worth an estimated EUR350,000, just 10 per cent of what the firm paid for it.

Planning permission was applied for in March, 2006.

Then in October, 2006, Dowe's home was one of dozens of houses and flats across Manchester frozen by the Assets Recovery Agency in the biggest investigation ever conducted into IRA money laundering and mortgage fraud.

The operation followed a raid on IRA chief Murphy's Irish home in which records were found of a massive trail of pounds 11m worth of properties stretching across Greater Manchester.

The agency said the properties were part of an intricate laundering and racketeering operation linked to the IRA.

Dowe's home and 35 other properties were eventually confiscated following lengthy court battles which concluded in June last year.

Dowe's house - a large semi-detached villa - was one of the first to be successfully seized. The Assets Recovery Agency, set up to remove houses, cars and other proceeds of crime from villains, alleged in court papers that Dowe was an associate of IRA chief Murphy.

And the agency said that Dowe had committed a mortgage fraud to buy the property, which he purchased in 2005. The house has now been sold to a new owner. Shortly after the home was seized, Dowe quit the board of Rocket Developments in January, 2007. Planning permission was then finally granted in September 2007 - just as the credit crunch was about to derail the Irish property boom.

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_qn4161/is_20100328/ai_n52934237/

I think the whole thing is getting blown up out of all proportion. They lit the fuse with their damned paranoia and now in a flash they're diving for cover. It's clearly an explosive situation but it will be dynamite if it turns out to be true.

So what is the answer to the latest attempted attack on Neil Lennon? And just exactly why has 71 year old MSP Trish Godman been targeted along with Paul Mc Bride QC? It would appear that Trish Godman’s only connection is that she is a self-confessed Celtic fan. Paul Mc Bride, like all QC’s has defended the dregs of society, Murderers, Drug Barons, Rapists, and Armed Robbers; but he defends Neil Lennon and gets sent an explosive device through the post.

I believe that Celtic should now pull out of the rest of this season by refusing to fulfil the rest of our fixtures due to the unprecedented death threats to our Manager. I have never before known any manager in any country to be put under so much pressure; how he is expected to function under these circumstances is beyond me.

I think now we have to stand up and be counted; I’m sure Lenny knows that he has the 100% support of everyone connected to Celtic FC; in our 123 years of proud history we have never had to face such threats; or rather; no Celtic Manager or Players have had to face such threats; I don’t know if Celtic FC can continue to play football under such circumstances.

Many times on this site I have said that we are isolated within Scottish Football, I have not heard one word of condemnation from anyone with the exception of Stewart Regan of the SFA, where is Alex Smith of the league Management Association? Where is Fraser Wishart of the Players Union?

The SFA had the opportunity to show their impartiality recently when the Ibrox 3 appeared before them; they failed miserably to come out of that with any credibility whatsoever. We had the so-called olive branch being offered by Peat, that was probably because this story was about to break; and he knew it. The Celtic support has absolutely no confidence in the SFA in its present to form to fairly administer Scottish Football.

I don’t think Celtic will do as I suggest and pull out of the rest of the season; so we can only hope that we get through the season and end up with the Double in the trophy cabinet. If we continue in Scottish Football next season then I sincerely hope we raise the boycott issue again; I certainly believe we should withhold any financial contribution to at least some of the other teams within Scottish Football; and I would personally start with the first away match at Kilmarnock.

Lenny certainly doesn’t need me to fight his battles; he has shown throughout his career that he can stand up for himself; and the last thing he will want is trouble at this week ends match at Snake Mountain. So let’s go along there and support our Manager and Team in the manner in which we have become famous; and when the clock shows 18 minutes; let’s all stand and applaud our Manager, the Legend that is NEIL LENNON. YOU’LL NEVER WALK ALONE NEIL.

Mad Joe

http://www.celticsupporterassoc.co.uk/showthread.php?t=884&p=4318#post4318

I agree with Mad Joe - Celtic should pull out of their remainig fixtures forthwith. The stupidity in doing so will hand the title to Rangers, the Scottish Cup to Motherwell and will also lose his club untold monies. With 6 games left they will still get 2nd place. Which is what they will get even if they complete their fixtures.

Muppet. And that is having just read the first piece of his drivel.

"Lenny has 100% support from Celtic fans" - does he really Joe ? Nope, didnt think so.

"123 years of proud history" - really Joe ? Does that include 1999 with the 3 pitch invasions, striking the ref in the head with a coin, multiple other pitch invasions since, fighting amongst yourselves on your travels - yep, proud history indeed.

"Where is Fraser Wishart of the Players Union" - in case you didnt notice, this would be outwith Wishart's jurisdiction as Lennon is no longer registered as a player.

"The Ibrox 3" - I think you mean two Joe. McCoist was a first offender and, rightly, won an appeal. The aggression was shown by "Lenny" - unless of course one is to assume McCoist said something - but you cant convict on assumption Joe.

"Lenny can stand up for himself" - aye, against defenceless women. As soon as Lenny takes on someone of his own gender he gets the shit kicked out of him and tries to turn it into an "innocent Lennon was attacked". Aye right you are Joe.

"Last thing he will want this weekend is trouble" - are you for real Joe ? Almost every instance of trouble this season in a game involving Celtic has been INSTIGATED by Lennon. Much as though history is no pointer of the future it is fair to say that if any trouble arises on the touchlines this weekend that Lennon, far from trying to avoid it, will be starting it. FFS Joe, you read the papers too often to even think straight. Lets get this straight.... Lennon has CAUSED all the bother this season, not walked away from it, not been an innocent bystander.

"The Legend that is our Manager" - you confer the title of Legend far too easily. McNeil & the Lisbon Lions - for sure. Lennon ? Get a grip. I guess you dont have standards in the East End for determining who is a legend.

"You will never walk alone Neil" - just as well as he may bump into one of these people who just pick on poor wee innocent Lenny.

Joe, you are a tool.

Edited by craig

I agree with Mad Joe - Celtic should pull out of their remainig fixtures forthwith. The stupidity in doing so will hand the title to Rangers, the Scottish Cup to Motherwell and will also lose his club untold monies. With 6 games left they will still get 2nd place. Which is what they will get even if they complete their fixtures.

Muppet. And that is having just read the first piece of his drivel.

You've got to love Mad Joe, who's given us untold hours of fun over the years. Bonkers but never dull.

Guest Dutchy

Ahhh..... comedy classics on Gersnet.

How can you call for a boycott, starting with the Killie game, then go on to say we should get behind the team and lemon at Ibrox on Sunday?

How good are we to just laugh at this bigotted pratt?