Tackle On Lafferty

Was Thompson the referee in that game too?

Two awful early tackles both on Lafferty.

No way! Ki's tackle on Lafferty was a horror but the other one was hardly awful. Ki should've seen red for that, no doubt!

I meant Stoke's tackle on Papac in an earlier game!

The stokes tackle was a horror tackle and he should have walked, but again I think Thomson had a bad angle for the Ki challenge and to be honest it is one of those tackles where one ref will give red and another a yellow card depending on how they see it..

Look at the tackle from the Camera at the rear of the incident. It looks like he just tripped him. i believe that Lafferty's body was covering the referee's view. I think the ref just got it wrong because he was unsighted. These things happen in football games.

Sorry pete but there is absolutely no way Lafferty's body covered the refs view - the ref had a side-on view, perfect for making the appropriate decision.

should have been a red tbh doesn�t matter if its 10 seconds into the game or last ten seconds he should have walked

but what do you expect from Thompson , the guys is the worst ref I�ve seen in many years.

thro my work i see many games from different countries and i honestly thought the Greek refs were terrible and until I�ve seen Colum and Thompson they are so inept its laughable