Alex Salmond: War on bigots

Guest scotranger

"Last year we welcomed His Holiness the Pope and we celebrated the 450th anniversary of the Reformation together."

Alex His Holiness the Pope heads up the biggest Paedo ring ever known. What has he done? NOTHING!

What has Alex done about the social devide that exists? NOTHING

What did he do about the disgrace of The Poppygate display by the Green Brigade? NOTHING!

What has he done about the singing of PIRA songs by Celtic? Again Nothing?

What has he done about the Tartan Army booing the National Anthem ? AGAIN NOTHING!

Our beautiful game - Get real Alex Scottish football is a joke in world terms.

Just one last comment - and I'm very comforatble that it won't reach many before polling day.

There was an extremely readable article in the Scotsman yesterday about how the SNP have "triangulated" their campaign. Basically snatching a fundamental bit of policy from each party in order to be seen to stand above the humdrum of political bickering. Apparently, the first campaign to employ this strategy was Uncle Bill Clinton's first.

When we reflect on it's benefits for Clinton's sex-life and for nationwide cigar sales, this is probably not a bad thing. It got him laid and it got him in office.

A crucial point however is that - unlike the tooth fairy - a lot of what Bill Clinton promised wasn't carried through.

Here in Scotland, the SNP have come out and stated that they will address sectarianism and bigotry in the footballing environment. Fair enough. If we care to read the Labour manifesto, they say exactly the same, and so do the also rans.

On this issue however, and come Friday, I would feel more comfortable with a Government which will address the wishes of a broad consensus rather than one which is guaranteed to pander to the whims of John Reid and all his cronies from the Glasgow/Labour/Catholic mafiosa.

Is that sectarian?

No - I don't think so.

The thought of Labour becoming our new overall masters gets me a wee bit scared - for myself, my financial stability, my family, for the Rangers and for the non-catholic community in Scotland. Factum.

So, to sum up - I hope I don't see Scotland being run by a gaggle of incompetent nepotists.

Edited by bluebear54

Why would a politician want to secure the timmy vote when Catholics are in the minority in Scotland?

Minorities are minorities but they are usually more politically vocal and active than the apathetic majority.