Deal Done At Last - 85.3% of RFC sold for �£1 according to Stock Exchange

MIH are suggesting WT are to waive the debt in the future...

If Wavetower is a new company how exactly can it be in a position never mind predict being in a position to say it will 'waive' �£20m worth of debt??

Edited by Zappa

If Wavetower is a new company how exactly can it be in a position never mind predict being in a position to 'waive' �£20m worth of debt??

You're asking the wrong man

Points ---> @Bluedell

As I said before, I would assume that they keep the debt, but essentially never want it back, i.e. waiving it. Or it could well be that for some reason or another, we pay back a given sum (100k per annum) into their accounts.

As I said before, I would assume that they keep the debt, but essentially never want it back, i.e. waiving it. Or it could well be that for some reason or another, we pay back a given sum (100k per annum) into their accounts.

The debt hasn't been paid by Wavetower/Whyte yet.

The debt is still with LBG, who most certaintly will be wanting it back.

If Whyte proposes to clear it from his own funds I see no logic in delaying it when all it will serve to do is prolong the substantial interest rate payments.

If Wavetower is a new company how exactly can it be in a position never mind predict being in a position to say it will 'waive' �£20m worth of debt??

Capital infusion. It could have 20 million in share capital and, so long as that capital has been paid, then it has the funds to pay off the debt to LBG and at that point the loan is one that Rangers owes Wavetower, which Wavetower would be able to "waive".

Even if it is a new company that doesnt mean it doesnt have the cash or the capital to support the "waiving". Issued share capital, so long as it has been physically paid, would sit in the bank in a dormant/new company.

Easy enough to do.

Craig:

Does this suggest there is written proof that WT will not pursue RFC for the debt in the future?

The statement seems open to interpretation - just how long is the 'foreseeable' future? Do we pay them interest until such time they deem it safe to 'waive' the debt?