Hang your heads in shame

Guest scotranger

As i said Craig, i agree with ya and i know many would want to throttle him.

Now, lets sit back and give our new "Boss" time to settle. I have always maintained, no matter what discrepancies SDM has on his back, he would never ever sell us to someone he didn't think could take us forward. If he feels CW can do that, i believe him. I don't go with this stuff about the Bank forcing it so they get their dosh back either. It was down to one man, SDM, and it seems he did the right thing and listened to Paul Murray and his anonymous backer "just incase" they did have a better long term plan than CW. Obviously they didn't, so he said, "here you are Craig, the front door keys, best of luck"

I hope one day, may be in 5-10 years SDM can walk on the park again and get a good round of applause. Hopefully time will heal the hefty scars he's left on peoples brains over these last few years.

What you mean is bmck IS MF. I knew you two (or is it one...) are joined at the hip ;)

PS It's "I know that you two are joined at the hip" or "I knew that you two were". You don't want to miss your subordinating indicator, or have tenses that aren't in agreement. Here to help. ;)

Yeah, I've not been around, thanks for saying. :) I won't be back properly till after the end of the month. I'm just finishing off a degree, and have just so much to do as I also work full time. Start uni fulltime in September, so only doing one full-time thing I should have more spare time to re-start posting nonsense in earnest. :)

Were you in America during the tornados and stuff? I'm sure I noticed that while I was glancing through. The devestation must've been thoroughly horrifying :(

Yes, nearly got a lot more than I'd bargained for there. Memphis Airport close 30 minutes after I arrived. No prospect of a flight out for a couple of days so decided to hire a car and drive out - bad idea, as I discovered driving south through Mississippi with the tornado warnings referring to strange place names that I was simultaneously reading on road signs as I drove south. Convinced for a while I'd mad a really bad call but of course the Devil looks after his own and he did a great job clearing a path for me. Good old Devil I say. For good measure I missed my connection at Memphis on the way home so that's one place I'll be avoiding for a while. Going to head back over there in the summer but intend meeting Mrs Maineflyer in Boston on the way home for a wee holiday.

Yes, nearly got a lot more than I'd bargained for there. Memphis Airport close 30 minutes after I arrived. No prospect of a flight out for a couple of days so decided to hire a car and drive out - bad idea, as I discovered driving south through Mississippi with the tornado warnings referring to strange place names that I was simultaneously reading on road signs as I drove south. Convinced for a while I'd mad a really bad call but of course the Devil looks after his own and he did a great job clearing a path for me. Good old Devil I say. For good measure I missed my connection at Memphis on the way home so that's one place I'll be avoiding for a while. Going to head back over there in the summer but intend meeting Mrs Maineflyer in Boston on the way home for a wee holiday.

Jeezo. And my excuse for not posting is writing some essays. That sounds equal parts terrifying, humbling and exhilarating. I've never chased tornados before. One for the future. I've always quite fancied visiting the South, but I think I'll make sure to pick the season. I hope your Boston adventure (minus any trip to the Celtics ground!) is considerably more tranquil, and welcome back! :)

Now, let's argue about something! :)

Well i'm sitting through a massive tropical storm at the moment. Mega loud thunder and awesome lightning with the rain absolutely hammering down. I love this kinda weather esp at night.

Guest Dutchy

OK, OK! Peace to all on this site, let us just concentrate on winning tonight and throwing the SPL trophy about amongst the players on Sunday.

That after all is the main thing.

pfftttt, you havent lived till you have been through tornados (Bermuda had one a couple weeks ago too MF), hurricanes (Bermuda is right in the middle of hurricane alley !!) and, most recently (about 2 weeks ago) a fcking earthquake. I felt the whole building shake - measured 4.8 on the Richter scale and was only about 30 miles off the North-West of Bermuda.

Now, shall I rename this the "weather" thread ?

OK, OK! Peace to all on this site, let us just concentrate on winning tonight and throwing the SPL trophy about amongst the players on Sunday.

That after all is the main thing.

:cheers: to that !!

We dont over-moderate on here my man so you should be good to opine however you feel so long as it is respectful.

pfftttt, you havent lived till you have been through tornados (Bermuda had one a couple weeks ago too MF), hurricanes (Bermuda is right in the middle of hurricane alley !!) and, most recently (about 2 weeks ago) a fcking earthquake. I felt the whole building shake - measured 4.8 on the Richter scale and was only about 30 miles off the North-West of Bermuda.

Now, shall I rename this the "weather" thread ?

Been there done that on HMS Southampton when Monserrat kicked off. Amazing to watch, not so amazing being in the hurricane gale at sea though :D