Hang your heads in shame

Guest scotranger

I certainly find it unfair to say that all that SDM done was bad. He had his good moments. But for a manager(business not football) to get a business 70mill in the red and near to bankruptcy is just pure bad management. He even went on to make the same mistake twice. David Murray can be remembered as the man who gave us 9iar and a barrow-load of prizes. There again people must not forget he nearly killed the club in doing it and he must go down as the worst financial manager in our history as far as I know.

As always, great insight.

Did we both take a sabbatical at the same time because I haven't seen you post for what seems like many weeks. I've been too busy at work to visit here much these last few weeks and I have a suspicion you ain't been around much either.

Yeah, I've not been around, thanks for saying. :) I won't be back properly till after the end of the month. I'm just finishing off a degree, and have just so much to do as I also work full time. Start uni fulltime in September, so only doing one full-time thing I should have more spare time to re-start posting nonsense in earnest. :)

Were you in America during the tornados and stuff? I'm sure I noticed that while I was glancing through. The devestation must've been thoroughly horrifying :(

I like it here because you can say what you want with out being called a Timposter etc. You can have good quality exchange of differing views.

I have stated i don't hate SDM like a lot do, which is down to the kind of person i am, i can't help but see the good in people in the long run.

I remember the feeling and amazing emotions of sheer joy and ecstasy of the good years SDM gave us, but i do take on board and agree he messed up in the end.

We are so lucky we didn't get buried by the other Mob in that time as they SHOULD have destroyed us in the way we did in 9IAR

IMO SDM tried to win the Champions league and after a few years, he realised it aint gonna happen and lost interest. That is not the way to run an institution like the Rangers, but he did, and as i said, we are so lucky the mhankies didn't destroy us like they should have

I wouldn't be able to say that on RM or FF as i would get destroyed. On here, people will disagree with me, but in the way i will respect and most likely agree with them in a oxymoron type of way.

I would like to shake SDM's hand and say, "thanks for the good years you gave me and my club and best of British"

As always, great insight.

Did we both take a sabbatical at the same time because I haven't seen you post for what seems like many weeks. I've been too busy at work to visit here much these last few weeks and I have a suspicion you ain't been around much either.

What you mean is bmck IS MF. I knew you two (or is it one...) are joined at the hip ;)

Yeah, I've not been around, thanks for saying. :) I won't be back properly till after the end of the month. I'm just finishing off a degree, and have just so much to do as I also work full time. Start uni fulltime in September, so only doing one full-time thing I should have more spare time to re-start posting nonsense in earnest. :)

Were you in America during the tornados and stuff? I'm sure I noticed that while I was glancing through. The devestation must've been thoroughly horrifying :(

Please tell me your degree isnt in spelling. 'kin ell, the standard of spelling from these young college whipper-snappers is appalling these days :flipa:

What you mean is bmck IS MF. I knew you two (or is it one...) are joined at the hip ;)

Listen, being profoundly right all the time isn't a burden you want to shoulder alone.

Edited by bmck

But for a manager(business not football) to get a business 70mill in the red and near to bankruptcy is just pure bad management.

That was after reassuring us that "The debt will never rise above �£50m, that would be irresponsible of me and bad financial management.."

I guess he agrees with your own assessment of him.

Please tell me your degree isnt in spelling. 'kin ell, the standard of spelling from these young college whipper-snappers is appalling these days :flipa:

English (language) and Classics. :blush:

I like it here because you can say what you want with out being called a Timposter etc. You can have good quality exchange of differing views.

Yer a Timposter..... just kidding.

I have stated i don't hate SDM like a lot do, which is down to the kind of person i am, i can't help but see the good in people in the long run.

I dont hate him either, not the way some do. But I do dislike the manner in which he presided over our club, certainly in the 2nd half of his stewardship. His job is to ensure the success of the club both on and off the pitch. And maybe it is my type of personality but I dislike the "boom and bust" we seemed to get with SDM. As pete says, he managed to almost bankrupt us twice. What is the proverb.... "fool me once, shame on you - fool me twice shame on me" - you could aptly apply that to SDM and the financial failings. To take us tot he brink once could be (not saying it is but COULD be) considered bad luck. To do it again ? Appalling financial mismanagement especially as it happened for the same reasons as the first did.

I remember the feeling and amazing emotions of sheer joy and ecstasy of the good years SDM gave us, but i do take on board and agree he messed up in the end.

I think we all did. The good years were very good and we all revelled in players such as Goram, Gough, Gascoigne, Laudrup et al. But they came at a cost - and yes, much of that was hindsight - but SDM also fervoured favour with few with the utter disdain he seemed to view the fans in. He considered them far more as customers than as business partners. I doubt he would treat his major steel suppliers the same way he treated Rangers fans.

We are so lucky we didn't get buried by the other Mob in that time as they SHOULD have destroyed us in the way we did in 9IAR

Correct - and that just shows how inept the other mob can be at times too. They are actually showing some SDM tendencies right now too. Were it not for the McGeady transfer fees they would be staring down the barrel of a massive deficit too. Make no mistake though, we have to be thankful for their ineptitude because they DID have a chance to bury us a couple of seasons ago. The CL money we have had the last two seasons whilst being on a shoe-string budget has been critical.

IMO SDM tried to win the Champions league and after a few years, he realised it aint gonna happen and lost interest. That is not the way to run an institution like the Rangers, but he did, and as i said, we are so lucky the mhankies didn't destroy us like they should have

Yep, he wanted to win the CL and we cant blame him for that. Losing interest we can though. It is his remit to protect the club and he failed to do so.

I wouldn't be able to say that on RM or FF as i would get destroyed. On here, people will disagree with me, but in the way i will respect and most likely agree with them in a oxymoron type of way.

Yer a Timposter ;) - Actually, whilst on the subject of Tims, we have (to some people's dislike) allowed them on here in the past so long as they abide by the rules. Thankfully with us winning two in a row and sitting on the verge of a 3rd we havent been "graced" with their presence often recently.

We are generally a happy little forum and whilst almost all of us disagree with everyone else at one time or another, we are respectful to each other as should be the case amongst adults.

I would like to shake SDM's hand and say, "thanks for the good years you gave me and my club and best of British"

Some would like to shake his neck ;)