were fans booing the keeper today?

The thing is that PLG can't drop him now or he looks stupid. The ironic thing is that noone would have thought nay less of him if he chose to retain MacGregor in the team. It would just have seemed like an obvious decision.

So I expect to see Letizi in goal on Thurday night.

Said the same thing on the way home. Means the defence have to have a perfect game on Thursday.

But that doesn't help either - because then he has one keeper (McGregor) who feels he is a 2nd-class citizen and he has another (Letizi) who lives in fear of one small mistake and being made a scape-goat.

That's a very good point. PLG has created a lose-lose situation for both players... What was he thinking?

That's a very good point. PLG has created a lose-lose situation for both players... What was he thinking?

Exactly - the easy decision was to keep McGregor in until he made ONE mistake - and then he had reason to drop him - but his decision to play Letizi meant that it was Letizi that was only going to be one mistake from a roasting.

It is a lose-lose for both players all right - and their manager in my opinion

Yeah, unfortunately, some fans frustrated and hurt at another poor perfoirmance did boo Letizi.

It was uncalled for but I understand their frustration and find it hard to condemn them now. They shouldn't have done it but hopefully the players and the manager realised that sometimes the fans deserve more than dismissive replacements of players whose contribution they appreciate.

By dropping McGregor PLG made his first real mistake as Rangers manager. He put Letizi under pressure needlessly and now he has a huge dilemma for Thursday's match while at the same time managing to split the fans very early in his Rangers career.

was fed up with the fans booin letizi today

before the game i seen this thing happening which it did

once ict scored everyone started booin him and shoutin alan mcgregor

i was singing lionel letizi and getting right behind him

every touch he had i clapped him

if you want to boo players dont go to the games

you are ment to be there to get right behind the team through thick and thin

end of rant

and i was right behind the goals and fans were giving letizi pelters

letizi just turned around trying too say im sorry

i was cheering letizi all the time and myself and other fans were chnating lionel letizi

i hate when fans are arguying amongst themselves like that in games

just get behind the team

the confidence is at an all time low going in to an important game

i will say this again GET BEHIND THE TEAM no matter what team le guen picks or how we are performing

At the end of the day if the rest of the team had played to their potential we wouldn't be discussing the goalie situation. One goalkeeping mistake should not cost you the game when we are at home to a small team like ICT. I blame the performance of the rest of the team no the keeper.

Exactly Trailo...

Yes, arguably McGregor should not have been dropped and of course Letizi made a bad mistake to concede the goal. But I'm more worried about the team performance than one position.