I definitely hope we can extend his contract and agree with pete that extending it by a couple of seasons so that we've got him signed for another 4 sounds about right. It should really be a priority because although I don't want the club to sell him, it would force any serious bidders to only come in with serious offers. By serious offers I mean offers over �£10m.

Davis ? Really ? His form has been patchy at best. I would extend his deal, but for life ? Too inconsistent to commit to that IMO.

Shagger on the other hand. Yep, sign him for life !

IMHO we hit our best form of season when Davis rediscovered his.

again though it's just my opinion but I feel in Steven Davis we have a player who loves being at the club and thrives on playing beside better players

the turn around in our season for me was League Cup Final and the two main players since then out with McGregor have been Davis and Jelavic both have linked up superbly

Lafferty hit form too and scored a lot of goals in the last 7 games. Edu also turned a huge corner and although is not spectacular, at least now looks like he could pass for a squad player rather than a squad player for Airdrie Utd.

Wylde has also reasonably filled the problem gap at left midfield and with the return of Naismith and his form, basically we've gone from having a dodgy midfield to having a very good one topped with a potent strikeforce. Add in a reasonably consistent defence and a superb MacGregor and you've got a pretty good championship winning team...

The fact we've been able to play that team without change for about 6 or 7 games has turned us into an excellent side who have swept the opposition aside with ease.

Lafferty hit form too and scored a lot of goals in the last 7 games. Edu also turned a huge corner and although is not spectacular, at least now looks like he could pass for a squad player rather than a squad player for Airdrie Utd.

Wylde has also reasonably filled the problem gap at left midfield and with the return of Naismith and his form, basically we've gone from having a dodgy midfield to having a very good one topped with a potent strikeforce. Add in a reasonably consistent defence and a superb MacGregor and you've got a pretty good championship winning team...

The fact we've been able to play that team without change for about 6 or 7 games has turned us into an excellent side who have swept the opposition aside with ease.

All sounds good, but looking at probably our first choice XI (well based on recent fixtures):

McGregor

Whittaker Bougherra Weir Papac

Naismith Davis Edu Wylde

Jela Lafferty

How many of them will still be here come season 2011/12?

Could be:

Alexander/New keeper

Whittaker New CB pairing New LB

Naismith Davis Edu Wylde

Lafferty New Striker

Of course the "new" positions could be filled by the current squad.

Here's hoping we at least keep McGregor and Jelavic. I wouldn't be unhappy to see Papac stay either. Bougherra will be off given the chance, I suspect. And whilst Weir has been an excellent servant he has perhaps run his course here.

A large part of our recent success has been a close knit team and consistency of selection to forge unrivalled team spirit. Too much upheaval would not be beneficial. Particularly in that back 5.

S_A, the BBC are reporting today that McGregor, Bougherra & Papac have all said they want to stay.

Actions speak louder than words. ;)

I don't think they'll all go. I would hope to keep Shagger and Jela first and foremost.

S_A, the BBC are reporting today that McGregor, Bougherra & Papac have all said they want to stay.

If that is the case then Papac & McGregor should be signed up. Papac conducts his own contract affairs and is out of contract at the end of this season just finished. So if he signs a new contract, given his age, it will be his final one I suspect.

McGregor obviously wants to remain at the club.

Bougherra, though, I get the suspicion that he would like to stay and run down his contract and then get a bumper signing on fee elsewhere. But I am surmising, hopefully he legitimately wants to stay - but if we get a new contract sorted for him hopefully he can get back to his better form as this season he was patchy at best.