It was the one at Ibrox a couple of weeks ago. He made a couple of sliding challenges or maybe one from behind and one sliding in when the hearts player had cleared the ball. Both pretty pointless. And a couple of times when high balls were going in to him he went down looking for a pen after minimal contact. Nothing was given for those ones either way.

I just remember at the time thinking he was lucky to still be on to score when he did. Its not a big thing, but that's exactly the sort of stuff that could cost us in bigger matches and just seemed unnecessary. We won so its not a big deal, but he still needs to mature a bit.

If i'm thinking of the right game ascender he was treated extremely harshly by the ref who pinged him for a freekick every time he challenged for a high ball, and many of them were legitmate and fair challenges. A case of his reputation costing him I feel. The ref should apply the laws of the game and not be swayed by personal prejudice.

I didnt think his challenges in that game were bad at all. In fact, there was one instance of the Hearts right back blatantly diving after playing the ball away. Lafferty's challenges were ones which would not have made contact with a player, he was simply trying to block the ball, but not by making a physical challenge, just by getting his foot in the way.

His immaturity did show in that game though because, even though already booked, he finished a chance quite clearly after the ref had blown for offside. Could have seen a 2nd yellow for that.