IIRC.... Danny was an ardent supporter of Lafferty, even when he was playing pish :D

Hew sure knows how to show up when it gets to the business end of the season

For all his faults, and I accept he has a few, he really has shown the supporters what he can do at the business end of the season. Which is the first time he's had a sustained run up front alongside a bloody good partner.

He's the unglamorous, lanky and gritty partner, but he scores goals and works like an absolute dog. He's not everyone's cup of tea, even I am not his biggest fan, but I always hated how he was the target for boo boys more than any other player. It seems he's turned that around. For now.

For all his faults, and I accept he has a few, he really has shown the supporters what he can do at the business end of the season. Which is the first time he's had a sustained run up front alongside a bloody good partner.

He's the unglamorous, lanky and gritty partner, but he scores goals and works like an absolute dog. He's not everyone's cup of tea, even I am not his biggest fan, but I always hated how he was the target for boo boys more than any other player. It seems he's turned that around. For now.

The guy was an idiot on and off the field and deserved all the stick he got. He also didn't look like he could run without falling over his own legs until recently let alone control a ball.

He certainly does look like he is maturing however and his recent performances have let us see that he actually is a good football player. As Craig says he definitely deserves to get another chance if Ally is going to play 4-4-2. If Ally is going to play 4-5-1 then I would prefer another type of player for him as he is no left winger.

Guest Dutchy

Lafferty is a young guy and I've slated him enough in the past, but he seems to be maturing and I can't remember him cracking up on the field for some time. Looks like Walter and Ally have said to him that he doesn't want to appear like a lemon type.

Good luck to the guy and well done, long may he last on top form. A bit more than the end of the season would be good though?

Lafferty and Jelavic up front with Naisy just behind is the most promising attacking threat I've seen at the Rangers for donkeys. I just get the impression that they're just starting to get into their stride.

Pity help some teams next year if I'm right.

Always thought he had a bit of talent but was absolutely wasted on the left and he cant play their to save his life. Play him through the middle and we have a decent striker on our hands. Him and jelavic have looked to strike up a real decent partnership. Lafferty is capable of 20 goals a season if he stays sensible off the park and plays upfront.

He has been a bit similar to Daniel Cousin....both are capable of good stuff upfront but the attitude has never been right, but Lafferty seems to have got a 2nd chance and he should grab it.

A stay for me.

The big mans main problem is with his inconsistency

One week he is brilliant like at Rugby Park then can be non exisitant for next 3 or 4 games.

Personally I would keep him but think it all depends on who Ally brings into play beside Jelavic

if we get Goodwillie I can see Jelavic / Goodwillie front pairing.

Without wanting to piss on anyone's chips, much as he's had a great few last games he still has some learning to do. Against Hearts at Ibrox he could quite easily have been sent off for a couple of rash and needless challenges and for going down under minimal to no contact looking for pens.

He does seem to be maturing, but until the last few matches of the season I still had him down as a liability to be honest and one who only occasionally looked like he knew what to do with a football. But then at times he looks incredibly composed and can finish some very difficult chances. Very confusing.

If i'm thinking of the right game ascender he was treated extremely harshly by the ref who pinged him for a freekick every time he challenged for a high ball, and many of them were legitmate and fair challenges. A case of his reputation costing him I feel. The ref should apply the laws of the game and not be swayed by personal prejudice.