Lafferty must be one of the worst strikers Rangers have ever kept (3 seasons). His goals on Sunday obviously helped in securing the title - but look at the chances he MISSED! Real schoolboy stuff.

Keep him or sell him? I'd go for sell.

Even total world class strikers miss sitters though. While Lafferty DID miss some sitters yesterday he also scored two of the goals we got inside 7 mins and those first 3 goals sealed our victory. All in all I'd say it's really hard to judge him given that he's been played on the wing so often when he really is just a pure striker. I'd opt to sell him too, but only if the money is right and to me I don't think we should sell him for less than �£2m. If an offer came in of over �£3m I'd be confused if we didn't sell, but it's up to the club and Coisty now.

Even total world class strikers miss sitters though. While Lafferty DID miss some sitters yesterday he also scored two of the goals we got inside 7 mins and those first 3 goals sealed our victory. All in all I'd say it's really hard to judge him given that he's been played on the wing so often when he really is just a pure striker. I'd opt to sell him too, but only if the money is right and to me I don't think we should sell him for less than �£2m. If an offer came in of over �£3m I'd be confused if we didn't sell, but it's up to the club and Coisty now.

Completely agree, wondering though would any club offer that amount of money for him?

Strange player who can deliver the sublime or the ridiculous. His (now mostly) past indiscretions on and off field have not helped fans views of him, nor his price tag. Yet he has scored the winning goals that have secured the title these last three seasons. Some record for a much maligned player. Difficult player to appraise and sum up in a few words but has made some big, big contributions to our title run ins in three in a row.

Do I even need to post in this thread :)

Depends whether you objectively comment on what you see, or whether you have a biased agenda...

If your opinion was reasonable and valid, then you could say it's probably time to give praise where it's due.

Depends whether you objectively comment on what you see, or whether you have a biased agenda...

If your opinion was reasonable and valid, then you could say it's probably time to give praise where it's due.

So you don't know my past history of posting about Lafferty?

IIRC.... Danny was an ardent supporter of Lafferty, even when he was playing pish :D

Hew sure knows how to show up when it gets to the business end of the season

He has been so important in the last 3 seasons scoring goals to help us win the league. He's been playing great as a striker for months now and his work rate is the best in the team IMO. Hopefully he can produce this end of season form all the time and become a very important player for us. I would definitely keep him.

I was always in the "if we get a decent offer sell him" camp. But no longer.

I agree with johnny, even when not playing well his work-rate and commitment cannot be questioned.

I would keep him. His end of season form has been so good that he deserves another chance next season. He could be hitting the form needed to boost his confidence and morale, he could also be maturing as a player and person.

If we sell him we could be doing a "Charlie Adam" i.e. letting a guy leave who subsequently performs very well and we have cost ourselves money. Lafferty's current form is better than than Adam's was for sure, but that is a debate for other times....