Blue Heaven........Where Are They Now

First post on this forum so bear with me while I get to understand some of the posters' general views.

Do you advocate a return for Burke?

We need wide players and given his form for Cardiff, he might be able to do a job, a better job than last time.

Or do you believe in the never trying to turn the clock back type of thing?

Welcome to the forum. :thup:

I don't really mind an ex-player coming back if the manager thinks they can do a good job for us. I hated the idea of Kenny Miller coming back, but all in all I'd have to say that it was a good decision by Walter.

In the case of Burke, I thought he was a cracking player, but injuries really hampered his career at Rangers. Having said that, he's been injury free for a couple of seasons now and played a hell of a lot of games for Cardiff in the past two seasons. Given that he didn't agree a new contract with Cardiff and is available on a free I'd be absolutely fine with him returning to play for us if Ally McCoist thought it was a good move.

Burke is still only 27, undoubtedly one of the best right wingers we could bring in on a free contract without paying high wages and he would be almost guaranteed to settle in easily given that he knows a good few of our players and his family are still up here. If McCoist and the player himself both thought it was a good move, then why not?

Guest Dutchy

Well Cardif release Burke, so he's not going to cost anything, just his wages, but he is used to lager pay packets these days. In some ways, it still all comes down to money.

Charlie Adam seems like such a nice guy.

He still to this day looked and sounded pretty gutted about things not working out better for him at Rangers. Some of us didn't want to see him leave either.

He still to this day looked and sounded pretty gutted about things not working out better for him at Rangers. Some of us didn't want to see him leave either.

Some of us are still glad he did.

Burke is still only 27, undoubtedly one of the best right wingers we could bring in on a free contract without paying high wages and he would be almost guaranteed to settle in easily given that he knows a good few of our players and his family are still up here. If McCoist and the player himself both thought it was a good move, then why not?

I've not seen much of him since he left, but if he's done so well in the Championship, well good right wingers are rare commodities and if he'd be on a free then it's not the worst idea ever.

But why is he not part of the Scotland setup?

Some of us are still glad he did.

Everyone's entitled to an opinion and mine has always been that Adam was talented. Far more talented and a better central midfielder than our �£2.6m Californian gem.