McCoist makes his first signings - Twin Norwegian defenders

From STV.

Rangers have completed the signings of Norwegian twin brothers Tom and Kim Skogsrud.

The defensive pair, 18, have moved to the club from Manchester City and have signed two-year contracts with Ally McCoist�s team.

ââ?¬Å?We shall be playing primarily with the under-19s this year,ââ?¬Â Tom Skogsrud told Nettavisen. ââ?¬Å?We hope to train with the first team and possibly sit on the bench for the first team during the season.ââ?¬Â

Both will join Rangers for pre-season training and in July and, having left Manchester City, are currently staying fit by training with former club Skeid in Norway.

Left-back Tom and central defender Kim both spent time on trial at Murray Park in March.

ââ?¬Å?We are both good, ball-playing defensive players,ââ?¬Â said Kim Skogsrud. ââ?¬Å?We both like to get on the ball and can pass well.ââ?¬Â

I'm too fragile to think about our youth setup after watching blue heaven. That was heartbreaking.

It's just reality for all the lads in youth systems at big clubs; very few make the grade and go on to flourish in the 1st team. They all have to keep believing they have a chance, but realistically most of them don't.

Guest Dutchy
We have to do both imo.

In my opinion as well, but I'm far more interested in the immediate future, as well as good quality youngsters.

We just don't know if Ally will attempt to play these young guys if the do really well in training. I'm hoping the coming season brings lots of pleasant surprises to us.

We've just released 6 young players so I'd fancy these are two replacements for those who have left.

Hopefully we'll have some more first team squad material sooner rather than later.

We've just released 6 young players so I'd fancy these are two replacements for those who have left.

Frankie, the 6 released were a goalkeeper, 3 midfield players and 2 strikers, whereas these two are defenders... ;)