What playing positions would you like to see supplemented?

Assuming that Weiss coming back up is off the table for the moment, another verstaile and skillful winger of his sort of calibre would be ideal. Just for talking sake, I'm actually thinking that if we only brought in 3 players I'd like the 3 to be a striker, a creative, fast winger who can play on both wings and a very good centre half.

What do you think?

Goalkeeper aside, I think we need to strengthen all over - defence, midfield and attack.

Defensively we need a centre-half, possibly 2. I'd also say a right back if we lose Foster who was decent enough as cover. I suspect we might hand on to Sir David of Weir for another season but I'd also like to see us invest a bit of cash in Bartley given his undoubted talent and versatility. Whether we'd get him permanently I dont know, but a season's loan would do for starters.

In midfield I think we need a more creative presence. As good as Davis was for the latter part of the season, we need another player to supplement for when Naisy has his inevitable spell out with an injury. I'd also say a wide player too. Conway from Dundee United has been suggested by many but I've never been overly enamoured by him. I'd also suggest the wide player be right sided as I'd prefer Wylde to be first choice on the left.

Another Striker would be good. A hybrid of Boyd's ruthlessness in the box, and Miller's workrate would do!

3 players in would make me feel sick.

Why would that make you feel sick?

ANyway, I would want a versatile defender that can play across the back. Pacey Winger and a Striker that can complement Jelavic.

More or less the same as myself then... :)

Goalkeeper aside, I think we need to strengthen all over - defence, midfield and attack.

Defensively we need a centre-half, possibly 2. I'd also say a right back if we lose Foster who was decent enough as cover. I suspect we might hand on to Sir David of Weir for another season but I'd also like to see us invest a bit of cash in Bartley given his undoubted talent and versatility. Whether we'd get him permanently I dont know, but a season's loan would do for starters.

In midfield I think we need a more creative presence. As good as Davis was for the latter part of the season, we need another player to supplement for when Naisy has his inevitable spell out with an injury. I'd also say a wide player too. Conway from Dundee United has been suggested by many but I've never been overly enamoured by him. I'd also suggest the wide player be right sided as I'd prefer Wylde to be first choice on the left.

Another Striker would be good. A hybrid of Boyd's ruthlessness in the box, and Miller's workrate would do!

So you think ideally we could do with 5 or 6 1st team additions?

Agree with Stewarty, we need to strengthen all over the park bar in goal.

If we hold onto Foster it would help. Perhaps Whittaker could be a centre half more often as he was arguably better there than at RB.

In centre mid if Ness and Hutton come on another season then fitting them in with McCulloch and Davis is ok but we would still be short there. Edu is hit or miss but more so tha latter.

Id like to see Weiss back, that would solve a lot but one other wide guy is needed.

A mixture of quality and quantity is needed, we need to boost the squad by AT LEAST 3 so we can field subs next season!! But half of the signings should be in like Jelavic who can walk straight into the first team.

So you think ideally we could do with 5 or 6 1st team additions?

Ideally, yes. How realistic that may or may not be, is anyone's guess until Whyte makes clear his financial strategy. The flip side would be that bringing in that number could potentially hamper the development of some of the young players that have broken through, so a balance needs to be struck.

If we hold onto Foster it would help. Perhaps Whittaker could be a centre half more often as he was arguably better there than at RB.

Aberdeen won't sell Foster on the cheap, but that would certainly be an option if we were to buy him. I don't think Ally will buy a RB though with us having Broadfoot and Darren Cole getting a 2 year contract extension in December at the same time as Hemmings did. Having said that, Foster is verstaile because he can play various positions, so you never know!

In centre mid if Ness and Hutton come on another season then fitting them in with McCulloch and Davis is ok but we would still be short there. Edu is hit or miss but more so tha latter.

Agree with that mate, although there's also John Fleck for an attacking central midfield option.

Id like to see Weiss back, that would solve a lot but one other wide guy is needed.

If we managed to bring Weiss back I can't see us being able to afford another winger as well, but I can't see us getting Weiss back for next season anyway unfortunately.

A mixture of quality and quantity is needed, we need to boost the squad by AT LEAST 3 so we can field subs next season!!

I'd say three is definately the magic number, but I wouldn't like to see us compromising on the quality of those three for the sake of bringing in an extra couple of average quality bench warmers.

The flip side would be that bringing in that number could potentially hamper the development of some of the young players that have broken through, so a balance needs to be struck.

That's the key factor for me stewarty; getting the right balance. It would be a crime for Ness, Wylde & Hutton not to get a good number of games next season because they gave a great account of themselves this season.