What playing positions would you like to see supplemented?

The Brazilian guy looks like a no nonsense defender, most youtube videos make a player look good though. If we could get Granqvist it would be very good and he is also my preferred option.

I'd imagine that the only reason we even know about Douglao is that either Darcheville or Craig Moore have given us the heads-up on him since they are both former Kavala players. Darcheville was with them all season, although he didn't play much. Maybe Bomber phoned Moore or vice versa. :)

The Brazilian guy looks like a no nonsense defender, most youtube videos make a player look good though. If we could get Granqvist it would be very good and he is also my preferred option.

Aye, videos can't really be trusted because while they at least let you get a quick look at a player in action, they don't show the player's worst moments so aren't balanced. A lot of the videos are created by player agents or the sports management companies who represent them. Here's an example of one created by a player's management company: An absolutely cracking solo run and goal by Granqvist -

Not impressed by the Douglao video. Aggressive and good in the air is about the only thing you could say for him. Wants rid of the ball as soon as he gets it. Got taken for pace by the guy near the end and although he cleared off the line the striker screwed it up.

Not impressed by the Douglao video.

Was thinking similarly myself Craig. Not sure if I'm too impressed. He looks strong in the tackle though and one of his tackles in that video is total class, but again, you don't get to see his poorer moments other than the one you mentioned. I've watched him in some highligjhts of Kavala games and he looked very theatrical after Kavala lost goals.

What I will say is that he's only really been playing professional league football for a couple of seasons because Kavala is the first club where he's played a good number of games. He was just a squad player (backup) for Nantes in 08/09 and played only a handful of games before his move to Greece. Given that he's only 24 he could still develop into a very good defender, but it would be a punt and if the reports of Kavala valuing him at �£1.5m are to be believed I'm not so sure it would be a worthwhile gamble. Hard to say though...

We need two new centre half's

I think Walter's style suits.

2 adaptable defenders who can go forward, play wing back or centre half. Bit like Boogie or Kirkie. Just with more sass and pace.

An adaptable midfield playmaker who can play flank or centre mid. But a class act who makes things happen..

And an adaptable striker who can also drop off, or play in the hole. But with lightning pace..

There's your shopping list Ally.

I'm in an adaptable mood tonight.

Even so, McManus doesn't fit the shopping basket.

Guest carmylebear

When you have a small squad it is a must that you have a number of players who can play in various different roles however you also need players who can play specific roles. In that respect, we certainly need a wide man and a creative midfielder but to be honest we need to strengthen every area apart from goalkeeper.