What playing positions would you like to see supplemented?

We need two players challenging for each position so we definitely need another 5 players at least to supplement the squad. If Weir signs on then we will still need another two CBs if Bougherra goes. Heard rumours about the St Mirren centre half Darren McGregor coming in as cover. Need another LB as well to push Papac. Would like to see another RB come in but with Broadfoot, Whittaker and Darren Cole there that can wait until the following season.

In midfield we could do with another RM to cover for Naisy and another LM to push Gregg Wylde. We are top heavy on CM with Davis, McCulloch, Hutton, Ness and Edu all competing for two positions although I'd like to see Edu being moved on.

Up front we could do with another striker as well to compete with Jelavic, Lafferty, Naismith and John Fleck although I'm hoping that Kane Hemmings will be pushing for first team starts this season.

From all of that i would say defence is certainly a priority closely followed by wide players.

If Weir signs on then we will still need another two CBs if Bougherra goes.

This is where we have a problem. Ally needs to get the question over Weir settled. If he signs and stays then fine, we know what he can do, but Ally will need to get it settled one way or the other because the question as to whether Bougherra will be sold or not could easily drag out till much later in the transfer window.

Heard rumours about the St Mirren centre half Darren McGregor coming in as cover.

Could be a good shout that one. He started 36 SPL games for them last season and lasted 90 mins in them all bar one when he was taken off in the game in which he scored against us at Ibrox. Basically injury free for the whole season by the looks of it. Wouldn't cost too much in wages either.

In midfield we could do with another RM to cover for Naisy and another LM to push Gregg Wylde.

Ally might well look to do that with one player who can play on either wing because he knows Davis can move out to the right if need be.

We are top heavy on CM with Davis, McCulloch, Hutton, Ness and Edu all competing for two positions although I'd like to see Edu being moved on.

We were actually struggling a bit in CM at one point this season when 3 of them were all injured at the same time!

Up front we could do with another striker as well to compete with Jelavic, Lafferty, Naismith and John Fleck although I'm hoping that Kane Hemmings will be pushing for first team starts this season.

I'd be happy to see Hemmings given the chance to play with Jelavic and/or Lafferty to see what he can do because it would allow more money to be spent on defence and midfield. Hemmings was given a new 2 year contract in December and will be too old to play for the U19 side next season, so it makes sense for him to get the chance.

From all of that i would say defence is certainly a priority closely followed by wide players.

Spot on! :thup:

I think supplemented is the wrong word I'd rather we strengthened/improved the first 11.

sup�·ple�·ment (spl-mnt)

n.

1. Something added to complete a thing, make up for a deficiency, or extend or strengthen the whole.

ylsmoke.gif

Central defence is a priority. We need clarity over the futures of Weir and Bougherra and need replacements IMO.

Couldn't agree more mate. The Weir situation needs settled ASAP!!

Bartley would be a sound piece of business and we have also been linked with Granqvist and Douglao.

If we could bring in Bartley AND Granqvist that would be amazing. Granqvist is a very good player. Don't know anything about the Brazilian though. Is he any good?

I think we need to move the likes of Bougherra and Beattie to supplement to transfer fund.

If we're going to sell Bougherra it would be better to do it sooner rather than later in the window so that Ally knows he needs to replace him and how much he can spend, although I think he's worth more than the �£1m Leicester rumour.

Don't know what to say about Beattie. We should probably sell for anything over �£500k and cut our losses.

With Sotirios Kyrgiakos likely to be available on a free, should he be considered for a return?

I thought he was a bomb scare for us at times, but he seems to have improved considerably as a player since then. Looks like the Bundesliga experience did him the world of good.

He can come back if he cuts his hair off... :D

If we could bring in Bartley AND Granqvist that would be amazing. Granqvist is a very good player. Don't know anything about the Brazilian though. Is he any good?

Don't know much about Douglao myself although he looks a big uncompromising fella. I would imagine comfortable on the ball and able to pass to a team mate like most Brazilians.

I'd prefer Granqvist and Bartley in all honesty.