What playing positions would you like to see supplemented?

I think supplemented is the wrong word I'd rather we strengthened/improved the first 11.

Central defence is a priority. We need clarity over the futures of Weir and Bougherra and need replacements IMO. Bartley would be a sound piece of business and we have also been linked with Granqvist and Douglao.

In midfield we could do with some genuine pace and width and some creativity. Weiss isn't coming back as far as I'm concerned so we have to look elsewhere. Vaughan would be a good signing alongside Davis but we would still lack a ball winner.

A striker to play alongside Jelavic is also a priority.

I think we need to move the likes of Bougherra and Beattie to supplement to transfer fund.

As it stands we have around 20 'senior' players with the arguable first choice XI as follows:

:am:

:sw: :mb: :kb: :sp:

:sd: :me: :lm: :sn:

:nj: :kl:

Outwith those players we have: Alexander | Cole, McMillan | Fleck, Ness, Hutton, Wylde | Beattie and Little.

This shows we are very short in central defence with Weir out of contract and Bougherra tipped to leave. We must sign at least one central defender - probably two.

Central midfield we are strong in but we lack wide players. Problem we have there is if we sign a first-class player who do we drop/sell from the first XI to accommodate them. I'd expect Conway may be more probable for left-side depth.

Up front we again have a decent selection but will probably need to move on Beattie before we can sign another player. Can Lafferty be trusted to keep his level of form next season or will Jelavic need another partner?

Overall, we still have a decent core of players but IMO defence is a priority. After that it will be a balance of finding players who can supplement our squad and improve competition to ensure a higher level of performance throughout the season.

I've just vomited onto my monitor... :(

I know but as I said over on RM,

McManus, Bougherra and Bartley....

All big guys, sure McManus is not the most gifted footballer with the ball at his feet...

but I actually think if Weir was still here next season we could mould him in to a better player.

I also looked into his Old Firm record and its pretty decent....

I really don't like McManus but admittedly he has done quite well when playing alongside Weir for Scotland.

Surely we have better options available though1 :(

You would like to think so however it must be said that Ally will know him well from the Scotland set up