Wylde urges Weir stay

Quite often in football players tend to be measured in the top 3 bracket. The number really isn't the point, it's more - is there a centre back in Scotland better than Weir?

This is why I am undecided about Weir,for me he is,and has been, the most consistent player we have with possibly the exception of Greegs. I think if we can sign a couple of good centre backs then I'd be quite happy to see him go,but based on what I see every time I watch Rangers he strolls through games including games against the BHEASTS. It's a difficult one but I do think Ally would like him to stay on for '' another season '', and I can understand why as he is a total true professional,the younger players respect him and he is still a consistent first team player as well as our captain.

This is why I am undecided about Weir,for me he is,and has been, the most consistent player we have with possibly the exception of Greegs. I think if we can sign a couple of good centre backs then I'd be quite happy to see him go,but based on what I see every time I watch Rangers he strolls through games including games against the BHEASTS. It's a difficult one but I do think Ally would like him to stay on for '' another season '', and I can understand why as he is a total true professional,the younger players respect him and he is still a consistent first team player as well as our captain.

Spot on mate. It's the safe option but the question remains as to whether he can do it again. I'd like Bartley to partner Bougherra with Weir as back up, however, I feel when Weir does play he will show either one or two of them up giving Ally a healthy selection headache.

Whatever happens though I feel Weir will step aside with good grace, definitely no drama!

Lest we forget, Walter signed Webster. tbh, alongside Weir I think Svensson would have done much better.

Webster isnt a bad defender though, just a bad signing for Rangers.

And I put that down to Webster more than WS and his signings.

Spot on mate. It's the safe option but the question remains as to whether he can do it again. I'd like Bartley to partner Bougherra with Weir as back up, however, I feel when Weir does play he will show either one or two of them up giving Ally a healthy selection headache.

Whatever happens though I feel Weir will step aside with good grace, definitely no drama!

Aye,there is no doubt on his performances he deserves a new contract,how many players have we had that only perform in the last year of their contract in order to get a anoffer of a new contract?,well that could never be said about Weir. I am also concerned about his age but going on performances he honestly deserves a new contract,based on his performances if he was 35 everybody would be screaming for him to be offered a new contract!!.

I guess for me if he wants another year and Ally wants him for another year then he will get my full backing.

Webster isnt a bad defender though, just a bad signing for Rangers.

And I put that down to Webster more than WS and his signings.

He was absolutely horrible at Wigan.