McCoist set for talks over Israel striker Hemed as Rangers make their move

Guest Dutchy

I don't think they mentioned anything about other clubs on the STV report and I'm fully aware that it's a discussion, but one that seems to have him NOT signing for us. I was just surprised by that, due to lack of any evidence. I'd also heard nothing of the paper article mentioned on the BBC Radio Scotland news.

I don't think they mentioned anything about other clubs on the STV report and I'm fully aware that it's a discussion, but one that seems to have him NOT signing for us. I was just surprised by that, due to lack of any evidence. I'd also heard nothing of the paper article mentioned on the BBC Radio Scotland news.

A contradiction all the same though, right?.

I think it may be due to the fact that we are so used to having no cash to spend and losing out on signings which generates doubts amongst our fans.

P.S. I did say '' if it's true '' :whistle:

Guest Dutchy
I'm quiet amazed at what I'm reading here, all based on some paper article. I've just finished reading the STV sites report and they say the deal is well advanced and he'll be coming for a medical this week. Nothing about other clubs????

http://sport.stv.tv/football/scottish-premier/rangers/257483-rangers-close-in-on-hemed/

No, I don't see what you're talking about. Where is the contradiction?

No, I don't see what you're talking about. Where is the contradiction?

I haven't read the stv article you link posted,but is it not a media article the same as any other media article?

Guest Dutchy

I was just thinking that after I looked at it again and thought we have a philosoper in our midst, but I'd say it was a spurious point as we're not talking about articles, but rather the content of the articles. In other words, the facts of the articles. The article I posted said nothing about any other clubs and on second viewing was posted after 7am, this morning. I assume the paper article was was put together a couple of hours later.

Once commited to print, the printed article cannont be modifed, but the internet article can be. It hasn't.

I was just thinking that after I looked at it again and thought we have a philosoper in our midst, but I'd say it was a spurious point as we're not talking about articles, but rather the content of the articles. In other words, the facts of the articles. The article I posted said nothing about any other clubs and on second viewing was posted after 7am, this morning. I assume the paper article was was put together a couple of hours later.

Once commited to print, the printed article cannont be modifed, but the internet article can be. It hasn't.

Fair do's mate,and I'm certainly not trying to pick an argument as it's not my style. However I'll take the easy way out and just say until he,or any other player signs,it's all speculation. But if there are other teams after him and they are offering double what we are,I know I know speculation,then I can't see him coming to Rangers,of course I could be wrong!!.

Also I have never seen him play,and I can't watch youtube videos out here at work,so I guess it's up to our new manager to decide if he is a proper striker and push the boat out to capture his signature.

Guest Dutchy
If we do get him, he'll probably say 'I always wanted to play for Rangers'

If he does sign for us, let's hope he shows that on the park.

RANGERS target Tomer Hemed last night revealed for the first time his desire to work under Ally McCoist.

But the new Ibrox boss is facing a fight to land Craig Conway despite meeting the Dundee United winger at Murray Park yesterday.

Israeli striker Hemed and his agent have been locked in talks with the SPL champions over a possible Bosman switch from Maccabi Haifa.

And the 24-year-old striker admits he's keen for a deal to be struck in the next 48 hours, which will make him a Rangers player.

Hemed also has offers from clubs in Spain, who are willing to pay him more money than McCoist can offer at Ibrox.

But the Israeli international told Record Sport: "I am excited at the prospect of signing for such a big club as Rangers and playing under a manager like Ally McCoist.

"He is someone I very much admired in the past as one of the great strikers in football. I believe if I get the chance to work with him he can develop my game further.

"But at the moment it's up to Rangers and my agent - I hope they can come to an agreement soon."

Rangers face a stiff test in the battle to land Hemed as the wage demands his representatives made were far greater than Rangers had anticipated.

McCoist had been hoping to land the player on �£8000 a week but has now asked new owner Craig Whyte to come up with something more lucrative to nail Hemed down.

Conway met McCoist for signing talks yesterday but the Rangers boss must beat a host of Championship clubs to land his man.

Conway has been locked in discussions with Leicester, Leeds and Watford since becoming a free agent at the end of the season but was invited to Murray Park yesterday for a breakfast time meeting with McCoist.

Conway was impressed with what the Ibrox boss had to say and McCoist now hopes to put together a financial package in the next two days to tempt the twice-capped 26-year-old.

Conway could also be given another option if, as expected, Cardiff win the battle to secure Watford boss Malky Mackay as their new manager. Mackay has been pursuing Conway's signature for some time.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/2011/06/16/rangers-target-tomer-hemed-willing-to-turn-down-more-money-in-spain-to-play-for-ally-mccoist-86908-23204531/