McCoist set for talks over Israel striker Hemed as Rangers make their move

Lifted from FF,posted bt Jimmy Bongo???

Guys, on Friday I posted details on the Hemed move through my contact who is close to the UK based agent handling this, Max Melzer

I have just had an update and the player is stalling over wage demands

A Spanish team has offered him �£15,000 a week and Rangers offer comes to �£10,000 a week in total with some add ons

This is not a certainty to happen - talks ongoing today but there will need to be movement on either side.

Rangers stance I'm told is they think it's a very good offer to a player untried out of Israel with just one cap, given that his team-mate last year (Kayal) came to the SPL for �£7000 a week.

It's not dead yet, but looks like something will have to give.

Lifted from the very same thread from yours sincerely himself:

I only start getting excited about new players when I see them pictured at Murray Park or Ibrox, pen in hand and ink drying on the contract. I sure won't slant him for not coming or demanding a higher wage based on press or board rumours and hearsay (no insult intended, BTW).

If he signs, fine. For he looks decent enough. If he doesn't, well, I haven't heard much about him before (as with Vaughan, Eagles, Bougherra, Davis, Jelavic Cuellar ... and many others) and won't lose any sleep over a "non-entity" to me.

Lifted from FF,posted bt Jimmy Bongo???

Guys, on Friday I posted details on the Hemed move through my contact who is close to the UK based agent handling this, Max Melzer

I have just had an update and the player is stalling over wage demands

A Spanish team has offered him �£15,000 a week and Rangers offer comes to �£10,000 a week in total with some add ons

This is not a certainty to happen - talks ongoing today but there will need to be movement on either side.

Rangers stance I'm told is they think it's a very good offer to a player untried out of Israel with just one cap, given that his team-mate last year (Kayal) came to the SPL for �£7000 a week.

It's not dead yet, but looks like something will have to give.

I say Celtic got lucky, and 7k is dirt cheap. I don't blame this guy for wanting a better wage.

Bert Mitchell

15 Jun 2011

Rangers hopes of signing Israeli international Tomer Hemed are today hanging in the balance.

SportTimes understands Ally McCoist’s bid to make Hemed his first signing could be scuppered by new interest from La Liga outfits Real Mallorca and Espanyol.

The Ibrox club held extensive talks with Hemed’s agent Max Meltzer yesterday and tabled an Ã?£8,000-per- week three-year deal. But the Spanish hijack counter offer is thought to be almost double that of Rangers’ package.

From the evening times can't get the full article because I'm not signed on there.

Anyway surprise, surprise...not.

From the evening times can't get the full article because I'm not signed on there.

Feck him then,I'm sure if some other team is offering him double what Rangers are offering then he won't sign for us

Rangers sweat as Hemed deal stalls

Tomer Hamed could get double the Rangers offer of �£8,000 -per-week if he moved to Spain

Bert Mitchell

15 Jun 2011

Rangers hopes of signing Israeli international Tomer Hemed are today hanging in the balance.

SportTimes understands Ally McCoist’s bid to make Hemed his first signing could be scuppered by new interest from La Liga outfits Real Mallorca and Espanyol.

The Ibrox club held extensive talks with Hemed’s agent Max Meltzer yesterday and tabled an Ã?£8,000-per- week three-year deal. But the Spanish hijack counter offer is thought to be almost double that of Rangers’ package.

McCoist had hoped to lure 24-year-old Hemed to Scotland today for a tour of Ibrox and Murray Park, but Israeli sources have revealed that the player is refusing to leave Israel to discuss the deal which is a bottom line and not subject to add-ons.

Meltzer will continue talks with McCoist and owner Craig Whyte at Murray Park today.

But the SPL champs will have to significantly up their offer if they want to avoid losing Hemed to La Liga.

McCoist is also determined to bring Carlos Cuellar back, although that move is on hold while Aston Villa pursue former Gers boss Alex McLeish as their new manager.

He has also yet to hear whether Arsenal will allow defender Kyle Bartley to come on a season-long loan.

The Rangers manager admitted he has not spoken to former Ranger Danny Wilson over a similar return to Ibrox on loan from Liverpool.

McCoist said: “The situation at Aston Villa makes it difficult as regards Carlos.

“But Kyle is someone I am keen to get a hold off. Arsenal are in no rush to make a decision but we can’t afford to wait and wait with our season starting earlier. Danny Wilson is a player we’d obviously consider, but I haven’t spoken to any agents or Liverpool.”

The Rangers boss is also desperate to land midfielder Neil Danns from Crystal Palace.

But El-Hadji Diouf will not be returning to Rangers while Getafe’s Derek Boateng has priced himself out of an Ibrox move. Meanwhile, senior Rangers figures were irritated when it was wrongly claimed Whyte might mortgage off the next four years’ worth of Ibrox season-ticket income against a loan.

In fact, under the terms of his takeover, Whyte signed documents which guaranteed to the Stock Exchange that he would do no such thing.

Here it is.

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/sport/editor-s-picks/rangers-sweat-as-hemed-deal-stalls-1.1106930?29236