Cash Crisis - Daily Rhebel

Sorry if I appear ignorant in these matters, I'm genuinely not sure. But if Craig Whyte has said in his official statement to shareholders that he will make 5m per year available for the playing staff, is he not duty bound to deliver?

Sounds to me like this paper is pandering to it's core readership..............

Any promises he made during the takeover are worthless and he isn't beholden to them just like Kraft and Cadburys.

The thing is, we believe (to a point) the good stuff we read about us signing players, but if it’s negative we call it bullshit LOL

Disagree with you completely. We call ALL the extreme, implausible stuff bullshit and actually rarely believe pretty much anything when it comes to signing players.

If they said we had loads of money and were signing any top European player in his prime, we'd call it bullshit.

We're far less sceptical about a young Israeli Bosman on 7 grand a week with loads of official quotes to back it up - but I still don't think we'll really believe it till we see it signed and sealed.

Even the Cuellar has some plausibility about it due to the circumstances - and direct quotes, but few really think it will happen but most would be delighted if it did.

So I don't see where you're coming from. Maybe you're thinking of another forum perhaps...?

Any promises he made during the takeover are worthless and he isn't beholden to them just like Kraft and Cadburys.

Maybe so, but not many people are so publicly reckless with their false promises. You would have to really question his motives. There's no way he can be skint as he's just been waived of �£6M in share price - and I really doubt that there are no covenants in a deal that sweet.

He at least must have given Murray his word and if he reneges then his word in the business world will be worthless. I really can't see him not putting up the cash this year; however, future years depend on the outcome of the tax case.

If the guy had done a straight share buyout for proper cash then I would be more nervous about these stories, but with all the circumstances, it just doesn't make sense.

Disagree with you completely. We call ALL the extreme, implausible stuff bullshit and actually rarely believe pretty much anything when it comes to signing players.

If they said we had loads of money and were signing any top European player in his prime, we'd call it bullshit.

We're far less sceptical about a young Israeli Bosman on 7 grand a week with loads of official quotes to back it up - but I still don't think we'll really believe it till we see it signed and sealed.

Even the Cuellar has some plausibility about it due to the circumstances - and direct quotes, but few really think it will happen but most would be delighted if it did.

So I don't see where you're coming from. Maybe you're thinking of another forum perhaps...?

nah Rangers fans in general, and football fans naturally give a positive response to signing targets.

It's rather amusing how celtic fans are celebrating this! However the sooner Whyte bans these sorts of morons from Ibrox and reporting on Rangers the better. They do nothing positive for our club at all.

I think Jackson has been fed this by someone with an axe to grind.

This document has been on the Forums for 2/3 weeks.

Why he has come out with it today is anyones guess.

I think Jackson has been fed this by someone with an axe to grind.

This document has been on the Forums for 2/3 weeks.

Why he has come out with it today is anyones guess.

Maybe because he’s been on holiday? Just a guess likes

We must have been linked with 20 players since the end of the season. Cuellar is the only link that has any figures attached re a transfer fee. Ally has quotes attributed to him re Danns, Cuellar, Vaughan and Hemed and he's therefore confirmed the rags are on the right track in terms of players we're looking at. No transfer fees seems to be the early consensus and the rhebel are simply the first to say it. I'm certainly not jumping to conclusions and I'm hoping there are deals in the pipeline, but Mr White needs to act swiftly if he wants to avoid this turning into a moonbeams situation. I'm worried.