New Book about Coisty

Guest mccoist9

What the hell is so bloody special about the sodding 15th of July? My anniversary is that day, as is the release of bloody Harry Potter, ditto the 3rd round qualifying draw for the CL.

And now your deadline is that day too.

The world is going to end on July 15th I'm telling you.

It's 3 days after the 12th of July and '3 is the magic number'! ;)

No problems posting this on the forum, absolutely none at all.

Some of my ever-lasting memories of Coisty :

• Scoring that overhead goal against Hibs in the League Cup Final and racing to the Gers fans with tears in his eyes
  • Scoring THAT goal against Leeds Utd at Elland Road with the diving header at the far post from a Durrant cross - and the euphoria being etched on his face
  • The elation he showed when wee Nacho's penalty went in against Fiorentina in the UEFA semi-final - you could see clearly just how much it meant to him.
  • The joy he shows each and every time we win a trophy. It shows just what Rangers mean to him.
  • Watching his autobiography DVD and realising just how good the camerarderie must have been in the dressing room during the 9IAR years - some of the stories were fantastic
  • There are FAR TOO MANY to list thankfully - there are many, many fantastic memories of Mr McCoist as a Rangers player and, too, as an assistant manager and, hopefully, as Manager.

Agreed mate. And to think some people compared Boyd to Coisty!!

No-one will compare to Coisty unless they reach 355 goals for Gers.

Yes amazing. I wonder how many sitters he also missed in that time, he probably would have more than doubled that tally if he took all his 100% chances.:D

• 2 weeks later...
Guest mccoist9

Spot on mate, Ally did miss his fair share of sitters!!!

I remember one game at Tynecastle in 1992 when he nearly tore the net out with a thumping volley which gave us a 1-0 win but he also contrived to spoon the ball wide of an empty net in the last minute of the same game!!!

Having said that he refused to let missing chances get him down and he was indispensable during the Nine-in-a-Row years!

Any more of the members up for adding to the excellent recollections of Ally's career that have already been posted?

Guest mccoist9

Yeah these are right out of the top drawer mate!

We'd already wrapped up four-in-a-row but Coisty was still hungry for goals to ensure that he got that Golden Boot.

The fact that they came against Aberdeen made them even sweeter :giruy: