Gersnet Investigation into new Sectarianism Bill

Have today been in contact with our fan groups & online community with regard to a proposed joint letter to the Justice Committee.

Proposed letter is fantastic stuff and it cannot be under-estimated how important a joint communication would be in terms of putting our supporters' opinions across on this issue.

Will we be privy to a copy once it's been finalised ?

You'll understand that (as it stands) it wouldn't make for good strategic sense to make it publicly available beforehand.

However, I see no reason for it and any committee response to be published after the fact. :)

Good work yet again Frankie. Totally understand about keeping things confidential for the time being but I'd imagine its going to follow a similar path to the the investigation piece from the weekend in terms of the thread of thought.

Absolutely mate.

I think I've been quite clear in what questions need to be asked so any proposed letter should follow that format.

It may well be the fa groups don't want to use it (or have their own letter already) but would certainly be good to have one single communication with all groups' names on it. :)

I often read from those who complain about us that we make excuses, deny there's a problem, blame someone else, etc. But if we were seen to be proactively getting involved in trying to positively shape this with what little time is available, this will surely disarm those critics to an extent - especially if they continue to trot out the "our songs are political" line.

One thing I'd like stressed, and judging by your piece at the weekend, I would imagine this to be the case; is that we, as football fans and members of society, are absolutely behind efforts being made to tackle the problem of sectarianism, regardless of how significant a problem it is perceived to be. Therefore, playing devil's advocate to an extent, perhaps we ought to get behind this bill, however unworkable it seems just now?

Additionally, if we can make representations to ensure there is a sunset clause inserted so that further legislation is required to refine the legislation based within a relatively short timeframe (maybe 24 months), or the legislation would cease to have effect after that date.