the lack of transfer activity

Don't disagree mate but while we want more quality this year, as it stands, we also need quantity so every player we're linked with (and the club itself have mentioned most these guys) it's frustrating when we lose out.

Meanwhile, we can't agree new deals with existing players which is also disappointing.

We need some positive news but, like you say, we don't want to rush into signing someone just for the sake of it.

would folk prefer is we were just buying up any old players???

With holidays etc, transfer talks have been difficult. Also, how accurate are the media reports??? Are there as many SERIOUS approached as has been mentioned in the papers??? So far, the only player that has been really "lost" is Hemed, and that was due to money/wages. Surely that's not the type of player that should be brought in anyway - one driven solely by a wage packet!!!!

I have faith in Ally & his team that they are working their little socks off to get the RIGHT players for the team. They gambled with spending �£4m on Jelavic last year - putting all their eggs in one basket, in order to get quality - it has proved to be the right move. It was also a deal which took time!!!

Can't disagree with anything you posted there Darther. I have been encouraged by the players we have been going for with the exception of Lee Wallace. Four signings of real quality is a helluva lot better than 6 or 7 squad players who are not better than the players we have got. A lot will depend though on who we shift out (Bougherra, Beattie and perhaps Whittaker after todays revelations). Defence is still the major priority.

I will also be interested to see if McCoist promotes another couple of youngsters to fill in any gaps. I know they have high hopes for Darren Cole but can also see Kane Hemmings and Kal Naismith featuring this season as well.

I will also be interested to see if McCoist promotes another couple of youngsters to fill in any gaps. I know they have high hopes for Darren Cole but can also see Kane Hemmings and Kal Naismith featuring this season as well.

That's certainly been the benefit of the last couple of years - they have been forced (at times) to let some of the youngsters into the 1st team. I hope that the contribution that some have made isn't forgotten, just because there is some money to be spent!!!

That's certainly been the benefit of the last couple of years - they have been forced (at times) to let some of the youngsters into the 1st team. I hope that the contribution that some have made isn't forgotten, just because there is some money to be spent!!!

Yeah definitely mate. Wylde, Ness and Hutton really supplemented the squad last year. Sure they will mistakes and go off form but for the long term future of the club it's important to try and blood some of these youngsters. I think Cole can play either RB or CB which might be an advantage for him