AUSTERITY v LOYALTY

Guest scotranger

Guest scotranger

There can be no doubt that the Rangers fans have been greatly affected by the government severe austerity measures. To their credit,in spite of hardship, the fans have shown fantastic support to the club and team during the season just gone and ticket sales are up on last year in anticipation of the new management regime / team restructure. What a pity two individuals, motivated by utter greed have thrown our loyalty back in our faces. Martin Bain is currently on suspension partly due to awarding himself a pay rise of 35% or well in excess of Ã?£130k. This is a disgusting scenario, particularly in view of the past restraints on player spending. We hoped for better times under Craig Whyte and he has made a fantastic contract offer to Whitty. The idiot turns the club down. This was bad enough but then he and his agent start to criticise Rangers for not recognising his true worth. IMO we are better off without people like this. NO BRAIN - NO DECENCY ââ?¬â?? NO LOYALTY ââ?¬â?? NO GREAT LOSS.

There can be no doubt that the Rangers fans have been greatly affected by the government severe austerity measures. To their credit,in spite of hardship, the fans have shown fantastic support to the club and team during the season just gone and ticket sales are up on last year in anticipation of the new management regime / team restructure. What a pity two individuals, motivated by utter greed have thrown our loyalty back in our faces. Martin Bain is currently on suspension partly due to awarding himself a pay rise of 35% or well in excess of Ã?£130k. This is a disgusting scenario, particularly in view of the past restraints on player spending. We hoped for better times under Craig Whyte and he has made a fantastic contract offer to Whitty. The idiot turns the club down. This was bad enough but then he and his agent start to criticise Rangers for not recognising his true worth. IMO we are better off without people like this. NO BRAIN - NO DECENCY – NO LOYALTY – NO GREAT LOSS.

Can't disagree with anything you said mate. Even though we are financially better off due to the takeover I see no reason why we should return to the days of spending a fortune on players. We should have a wage cap of 20k a week and take it from there. We have been dragged to the brink over the last few seasons and thanks to Walter Smith we managed to get 3IAR but I hope the days of financial mis-management are well and truely over.

I think calling Whittaker an idiot is OTT and unfair.

He probably could get 50% more (or possibly even more than that) with a move to Turkey. I dont think he is an idiot for looking after himself. There is little loyalty left in football. Yes, we have offered him a sizeable increase, but if someone else is offering him even more than that, and if he is bored of winning the league in Scotland, then I dont think he is being an idiot by looking to move.

It happens, move on. Next.

Whittaker is a muppet plain and simple the grass is never greener on the other side how many times have we heard ex players say leaving Rangers was the worst thing they ever did. If he wants to play mid table football winning nothing then so be it. Show the greedy prick the door and kick him in the arse on the way out.

I don't think we can be any more than disappointed with Whittaker. He's been a good asset to the Club, although he is/was prone to the odd abhorration.

However, if he wants to move on then we should say thank you for the part played in the past few years and wish him all the best for the future.

I do not much care for those who are solely motivated by cash, but I do think every decent footballer deserves a period of top dollar at least once in his career.

I want players who are motivated by success first and cash second.

Guest Dutchy

He's actually not gone yet. His agent is now saying that the latest offer from Rangers is getting 'closer' to what they're looking for and he still has a year to go on his contract.

I like him, but I don't like this type of behaviour.

Guest scotranger
I think calling Whittaker an idiot is OTT and unfair.

He probably could get 50% more (or possibly even more than that) with a move to Turkey. I dont think he is an idiot for looking after himself. There is little loyalty left in football. Yes, we have offered him a sizeable increase, but if someone else is offering him even more than that, and if he is bored of winning the league in Scotland, then I dont think he is being an idiot by looking to move.

It happens, move on. Next.

My comment is not in my opinion OTT. The man informs the club that he wants to STAY AT THE CLUB. He was offered a �£700k pa increase to STAY. TOTAL PRICK WOULD BE MORE APT.

Guest scotranger
I don't think we can be any more than disappointed with Whittaker. He's been a good asset to the Club, although he is/was prone to the odd abhorration.

However, if he wants to move on then we should say thank you for the part played in the past few years and wish him all the best for the future.

I do not much care for those who are solely motivated by cash, but I do think every decent footballer deserves a period of top dollar at least once in his career.

I want players who are motivated by success first and cash second.

If it was a case of his current contract of �£300k pa i could understand his wish to go to Turkey. In his case it is CASH FIRST, EGO NEXT AND RANGERS LAST.

My comment is not in my opinion OTT. The man informs the club that he wants to STAY AT THE CLUB. He was offered a �£700k pa increase to STAY. TOTAL PRICK WOULD BE MORE APT.

Saying "I want to stay at the club" is NOT the same as saying "I want to stay at the club regardless of the offer they make for my services".

By saying what he did, if he leaves, he can say that he really wanted to stay but that the club couldnt come up with the financial package for him to do so. Tries to ingratiate himself with the fans whilst leaving for greenback. Happens all the time.

We dont need to like it, but it doesnt make him an idiot.

Whittaker would do well to remember that he enjoys his current profile mainly thanks to Rangers. I have no argument with anyone trying to better themselves but I do believe in loyalty. In my working life I have had opportunities to go elsewhere for more money but chose to remain where I was because (a) I loved my job and (b) I had a great employer who was loyal to me. I believe that loyalty is a two-way street. Kenny Miller left for more money but now wants back. (I realise the circumstances under which he left). Who's to say that Whittaker would not have a similar experience.

I don't think Whittaker is anything special and I believe that the �£1m pa he has been (allegedly) offered is far to much for a player of mediocre ability. Especially one with a limited sense of loyalty.