Rangers in verbal deal with their No.1

I will say that Ally has always been extremely open with the press, maybe too open. The only time I ever heard him button it was when asked about the Lennon incident.

But in his defence, we're always complaining about hearing so little about what's going on at Ibrox - now we're hearing every lurid detail and that isn't good enough either.

The club can't really win.

Damned if they do, damned if they dont.

Would still prefer if McCoist simply said "we are constantly working on deals at the present moment and, when there is something to confirm, we will". It simply doesnt make any sense whatsoever to be so open about who we are chasing and at what cost.

Damned if they do, damned if they dont.

Would still prefer if McCoist simply said "we are constantly working on deals at the present moment and, when there is something to confirm, we will". It simply doesnt make any sense whatsoever to be so open about who we are chasing and at what cost.

That said, it was frustrating hearing Whyte reply to Jim on SSN about deals saying 'we're working on it' each time - I suppose what I wanted him to say is progress but not gratuitously open progress.

I suppose in a way the club can't really say the right thing at all as they're either saying too much or too little.