Cardiff City offer �£2M for Goodwillie

I'm glad this is dragging out and Cardiff have stuck a bid in.

Hopefully the thought of earning more money with Cardiff wins him over.

I know you don't want this particular player, but does it not bother you to see us miss out on target after target? I count at least 5 or 6 players we've lost out on now.

I know you don't want this particular player, but does it not bother you to see us miss out on target after target? I count at least 5 or 6 players we've lost out on now.

Absolutely but I don't want us to sign a player just for the sake of us signing a player.

Ally,

if DG was as keen to come as has been reported, he surely would have made some effort to move things along, like put in a transfer request.

If you had wanted a job badly enough you would have pulled out all the stops to make sure you got it, would you not ?

Call me old fashioned but I like players who WANT to be at Rangers and would do anything to achieve their ambition. I'm not one for those who are motivated by cash, they tend to lack loyalty; Whittaker springs to mind.

There is a marked difference between volunteers and mercenaries imo.

I would suggest your arguement is a bit muddled. A player who hands in a transfer request could be accused of being disloyal. There are ways for a player to push along or force a transfer without handing in a transfer request. I would say that would be a last resort.

If Goodwillie was interested in signing for us he would not have signed a new contract with DU,and moved on a free,as he already new of our interest when he done this

Correct me if I'm wrong, but did Gers not cool their interest in him during the January window, after the alleged rape hit the headlines, basically forcing him to sign the new contract

I would prefer to wait till after the court case; I would not like a convicted rapist on the books and on the park. Notwithstanding that it's personally repellent for me to have a sex offender in a Rangers shirt, can you imagine the stick we'd be giving to the other side of Glasgow to beat us with? And don't doubt they'd use it for decades. I actually find a lot of the excessive stuff about Torbett that our fans use to be cringe-worthy and undignified but still don't want some kind of evening of the score.

Apart from that, is the guy really worth 2M in today's financial climate? I don't really think so but can understand why a club like Cardiff, who are desperate to bankrupt themselves on the off chance they can gain the riches of the Premiership would offer an over-the-top fee. I'd like us to stay above that kind of desperation that leads to financial meltdown - we've almost been there twice in the not too distant past, and should apply the painful learning outcomes that we should have experienced.

It's going to be frustrating for the fans but far better for the long term health of the club.