We're 850 grand better off after Adam signs for Liverpool

Charlie Adam has signed for Liverpool in a deal reported to be worth �£8,500,000 and that would mean �£850,000 to us. Good news and good luck Charlie!! :)

article-2011997-0CE3F9AB00000578-859_634x411.jpg

'I tasted Anfield last year, scoring here (in the Seasiders' 2-1 win) was an unbelievable feeling and hopefully I've got many more days like that as a Liverpool player.'

Rangers boss Ally McCoist will get to spend an �£850,000 windfall from Charlie Adam's move to Liverpool.

The Ibrox club are due a slice of the �£9m fee from Anfield through a sell-on clause agreed when Adam left Glasgow for Blackpool in a �£500,000 deal two years ago.

Blackpool boss Ian Holloway will also take �£250,00 from Adam's move. A clause in Holloway's contract entitles him to 2.5 per cent of the fee the Tangerines will receive.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2012442/Charlie-Adam-vows-bring-glory-days-Liverpool.html#ixzz1RUkdXl9c

If someone had told me after he left Rangers that in less than two years Charlie Adam would have signed for Liverpool I would have thought you were off your head. i remember a game at Ibrox when he couldn't get a corner by the first man three times in succession. That being said he looks a lot slimmer and hasn't been the target of the boo boys, which seems to pick out a player evey season. Good luck Charlie!

Guest Dutchy

Money seems to be crazy done south. We actually get more from someone else signing Adam than we did when we sold him!!!

Should be useful for paying the wages of any new signings.

If someone had told me after he left Rangers that in less than two years Charlie Adam would have signed for Liverpool I would have thought you were off your head. i remember a game at Ibrox when he couldn't get a corner by the first man three times in succession. That being said he looks a lot slimmer and hasn't been the target of the boo boys, which seems to pick out a player evey season. Good luck Charlie!

I remember many a game Adam tried the Hollywood pass and ended up falling on his arse and passing the ball out the park or to an opposition player when a simpler pass would've done a better more effective job.

I may be in the minority here... but if Liverpool are pinning their hopes on the likes of Charlie Adam then they are in trouble.

At 9 million he is a bargain by EPL standards... but by my reckoning he is a complete waste of money.

Happy to be proven wrong though

Don't think you are in the minority Craig. Anytime I have seen Adam lately I have to say I haven't seen much difference to the player I watched at Ibrox. The English media seem to have decided he is some kind of superstar. Sorry but Henderson and Adam are not Championship challenging singings for Liverpool in my book