Walters First Signing in second Spell

Can Anyone help settle an argument I'm having with a mate

When Walter returned to Rangers who was his first signing ?

I say Davie Weir my mate says Andy Webster ?

I always thought Webster was a done deal before Walter had returned ?

Can anyone post a link or paste a copy of all signings made in Walters second spell ?

Webster doesn't seem to be Walter signing given the timing. I would say it was Weir - and he was a massive signing for us which started the complete turnaround of our team and results. He was also the signing that showed why PLG was completely clueless, it was exactly what we needed and he just couldn't see past his own ego.

Thats my argument though I thought and still do that Andy Webster was signed before Walter returned so wouldn't class him as Walters signing my mate is adamant that the signing was initiated by Walter though.

Agree with the Weir signing being a monumental one, at the time Though I couldn't have envisaged SDOW having the impact he has though he is truly deserving of the term Rangers Legend now.

Thats my argument though I thought and still do that Andy Webster was signed before Walter returned so wouldn't class him as Walters signing my mate is adamant that the signing was initiated by Walter though.

Webster was not initiated by Walter. The arrangements were agreed long before that and the club ended up feeling obliged to take him.