Linfield 1 vs 4 Rangers - Goals

As Zappa always says,he is a player alright,big,strong,pacey and has an eye for goal. How good would it be if he makes his mark this season?.

To be honest with you mate, I really don't see why we should spend a shit load of money on Goodwillie or bring back Kenny Miller when we have this young guy Hemmings. The way he controlled the ball and squared it for the Jelavic goal was class and his control and strike for his own goal were class. Give Hemmings plenty chances this season and if he does well get him signed on a long-term deal because he looks total quality. Fcuk giving Dundee Utd, one of our SPL opponents �£2m to strengthen their squad. If Goodwillie goes to Cardiff or something... great!!

I've not seen Hemmings much, but I'm impressed with the clips from today. Would agree with Zappa about not needing Goodwillie. I think, though, if the money was right, Miller is worth a couple of seasons. you're always going to get strikers injured during a season, and we need depth.

To be honest with you mate, I really don't see why we should spend a shit load of money on Goodwillie or bring back Kenny Miller when we have this young guy Hemmings. The way he controlled the ball and squared it for the Jelavic goal was class and his control and strike for his own goal were class. Give Hemmings plenty chances this season and if he does well get him signed on a long-term deal because he looks total quality. Fcuk giving Dundee Utd, one of our SPL opponents �£2m to strengthen their squad. If Goodwillie goes to Cardiff or something... great!!

Hemmings looks promising, but it's absurdly knee jerk to jump to the conclusion that we don't need to bring in any other strikers, be it Miller, Goodwillie or anyone else on the basis of a couple of pre-season performances.

Or indeed competitive performances.

Hemmings looks promising, but it's absurdly knee jerk to jump to the conclusion that we don't need to bring in any other strikers, be it Miller, Goodwillie or anyone else on the basis of a couple of pre-season performances.

Or indeed competitive performances.

I just think the transfer budget should be spent on other positions. I'm ok with the idea of us bringing in another striker, but I'm not ok with the idea of us giving Dundee Utd �£2m for Goodwillie and I'm not ok with the idea of us giving Bursaspor over a million quid for Kenny Miller either because Miller's wages would be high and he'd cost us maybe 4 or 5 million in fees and wages for a two year deal. I'd rather this lad Hemmings got a chance up front with Jelavic and Lafferty and we spend our budget on a couple of defenders and a midfielder.

And if he doesn't do very well we can't get anyone else in till January.

I don't like putting pressure on young players who have barely played 2 matches. He should be eased in as a sub in competitive games in a careful manner, rather than having to take on the responsibility of performing because we decided to save money and put expectation on him.

And if he doesn't do very well we can't get anyone else in till January.

We've got Jelavic, Lafferty, Naismith, Healy, Beattie all still on our squad list. Beattie might well be offski, but we should be able to get to January with those players plus Hemmings. I'd have Jelavic, Lafferty and Hemmings as our 3 main strikers with Naismith and Healy as backup, but obviously Naismith would be playing in one of the wider areas, so he wouldn't just be a bench warmer.

I don't like putting pressure on young players who have barely played 2 matches. He should be eased in as a sub in competitive games in a careful manner, rather than having to take on the responsibility of performing because we decided to save money and put expectation on him.

It's high time we made the odd exception to this rule. Our youth system products aren't developing properly as players getting the odd ten minutes here or 15 minutes there and the club aren't benefitting enough from developing them as youths. With a striker like Hemmings we could not only have a cracking young striker, but also a small goldmine on our books, but not if he isn't given a chance.

We've got Jelavic, Lafferty, Naismith, Healy, Beattie all still on our squad list. Beattie might well be offski, but we should be able to get to January with those players plus Hemmings. I'd have Jelavic, Lafferty and Hemmings as our 3 main strikers with Naismith and Healy as backup, but obviously Naismith would be playing in one of the wider areas, so he wouldn't just be a bench warmer.

I honestly think the esteem you're holding him in already is completely over the top. And you're not alone.

It's high time we made the odd exception to this rule. Our youth system products aren't developing properly as players getting the odd ten minutes here or 15 minutes there and the club aren't benefitting enough from developing them as youths. With a striker like Hemmings we could not only have a cracking young striker, but also a small goldmine on our books, but not if he isn't given a chance.

That's why I said he should be used carefully as a sub. Yes, there is a chance that he could thrive if thrown straight into the lion's den, but there is much more chance that the pressure of first team selection will be too much for a young player who's inexperienced at that level.

Basically, you seem to be jumping in at the deep end with this guy without really a lot of basis.

Aye,I see your point mate,but you can never have too much quality,and blending in players over a season keeps the squad fresh. If we have the money to bring back Miller,or spend money on Goodwillie as well then I have no concerns with that.I'm not convinced about Goodwillie but he may just turn out to be a gem in the future.Why not bring them all in that we have been linked with?,provided we can afford it.

I'm not in total agreement with Zappa, I do think we should bring in Goodwillie AND Miller, but give the young lad Hemmings every chance.

I remember us bringing in a young hopeful in Derek Parlane many years ago and he established himself in no time - all I'm saying is....if we can bring in Goodwillie and Miller, then Hemmings might rise above them, but that's up to Ally. (and whyte, if he's gonna spend)

I'm not in total agreement with Zappa, I do think we should bring in Goodwillie AND Miller, but give the young lad Hemmings every chance.

I remember us bringing in a young hopeful in Derek Parlane many years ago and he established himself in no time - all I'm saying is....if we can bring in Goodwillie and Miller, then Hemmings might rise above them, but that's up to Ally. (and whyte, if he's gonna spend)

I'm also agreeing with Zappa:boogie: