Linfield 1 vs 4 Rangers - Goals

There's a good push for Hemmings, sure he's potential, but experienced spl guys like Goodwillie and Kenny cant be ignored, if we can afford to bring these players in ( and I'm sure we CAN afford them) then if Hemmings is better, well bring it on.

A wee footnote to Zappa: Rangers (and the BHEASTS) have been giving millions to teams like Dundee Utd for decades, and it's never made them stronger.

Edited by 54andcounting

I do feel a little better after this match - first half sounded pretty shocking but we really sorted it out in the second. Let's hope this is the kick start we needed.

Probably because Linfield had a reserve team out in the 2nd half. I'm not having a dig just stating a fact. ;)

Some pass from whoever it was to set-up Naismith. Awesome! And aye, Hemmings looks the part.

Probably because Linfield had a reserve team out in the 2nd half. I'm not having a dig just stating a fact. ;)

Some pass from whoever it was to set-up Naismith. Awesome! And aye, Hemmings looks the part.

Healy set up Naisy.

I don't think any SPL team will be ready, too short a pre-season.

Gotta side more with Danny on the Hemmngs/Miller issue but havng said that, it is difficult to make a proper assessment without knowing what our full transfer budget is and what percentage would be used on Miller or Goodwillie.

No problem with Hemmings getting game time if he's good enough but as Zappa says 5-15 minutes at the end of a game when the result is all but confirmed is not enough. There will be many times this season when we have a 2 or 3 goal lead by the hour mark and should be looking at giving some of these young lads a good half hour to learn their trade at least.

Gotta side more with Danny on the Hemmngs/Miller issue but havng said that, it is difficult to make a proper assessment without knowing what our full transfer budget is and what percentage would be used on Miller or Goodwillie.

No problem with Hemmings getting game time if he's good enough but as Zappa says 5-15 minutes at the end of a game when the result is all but confirmed is not enough. There will be many times this season when we have a 2 or 3 goal lead by the hour mark and should be looking at giving some of these young lads a good half hour to learn their trade at least.

Can't disagree with that. Ease them in, give them a substantial chance, but don't just give them 5 minutes every 10 games.

Guest Dutchy

I'm all for thowing youngsters in a the deep end. What are they there for if not to show what the can do?

If he fails, he drops to the bench again and we have Heally and Lafferty will be back in a few weeks after the start of the season, as well as Naismith being an able back up. What's the point inspending money unnecessairly when other positions need taking care of?

That No 5 yesterday, in the under 19's against Penicuik also looked more than capable. Just as someone that can be there if needed. He looked more than up for it yesterday.