The amount of times he interferes with referees, or confronts opposition players. It was most notable when he grabbed Caldwell's neck a couple of seasons ago, but I've seen plenty of times where he got involved when he shouldn't.

He's the captain. He's meant to be the only player who confronts the referee.

He's the captain. He's meant to be the only player who confronts the referee.

The amount of times I've seen him run 50 yards to the ref, mouth off, then either get warned or booked are numerous. If the captain alone was justified in having a chat with the ref, he wouldn't get booked for it so often.

No issue with him talking to the ref (unless he is doing so in a manner which could lead to a booking) as that's his job. There have been a very few incidents where has got physical with opponents which could have cost him and us but on the other hand it is good to see he is just as competitive as the young'uns in his old age. :D Cant remember the last time he over stepped the mark in this manner though.

Ps. Who wouldn't take the opportunity to throttle Caldwell. ;)

5BABD47A-A9BF-7B3E-2321A2C97F63A7CF.jpg

They were both at it to be fair. You are correct on that point though.

That image is hilarious. Caldwell, admittedly, was one of the most annoying tims and deserved a right good smack. But it wasn't Weir's place to administer it.

Guest Dutchy

I've nothing against David Weir, far from it, but is this really the kind of signal we want to be sending out to our opposition?

I'm certain if Weir plays in any european game he will be targeted as the one to attack.

He's in his bloody 40's for goodness sake!!!!