I don't believe for one minute that Weir penned his new deal in Belfast. I bet he had already signed it and the club were just waiting for a positive result before announcing it.

Whenever it was penned, this is fucking depressing news. I actually yelled 'aw naw' when I read the headline. I know some guys on here will be wanking themselves silly over this story, but I'm not.

But like I said elsewhere, I feel there's a Barry Ferguson-esque immunity now about Weir. That management feel 'obliged' to select him, that they felt obliged to offer him a new deal, and that somehow the rules of selection don't really apply to him. For as long as he wants to continue, he will be accommodated. And I feel the comments about not being guaranteed a starting slot and competition being rife were made just to appease fans who don't want him playing any more. He'll feature in every fucking match he's available for.

Whenever it was penned, this is fucking depressing news. I actually yelled 'aw naw' when I read the headline. I know some guys on here will be wanking themselves silly over this story, but I'm not.

But like I said elsewhere, I feel there's a Barry Ferguson-esque immunity now about Weir. That management feel 'obliged' to select him, that they felt obliged to offer him a new deal, and that somehow the rules of selection don't really apply to him. For as long as he wants to continue, he will be accommodated. And I feel the comments about not being guaranteed a starting slot and competition being rife were made just to appease fans who don't want him playing any more. He'll feature in every fucking match he's available for.

Danny,I don't know why you're so against Weir other than being ageist,sp,.

Davy Weir has been our most consistent player,apart from the goalie,since he signed. The guy is a total pro in everything he does and is an inspiration to all the younger players,and the experienced players,he is a gentleman and can still hold his own in the SPL,our bread and butter.I really don't understand your resentment on him signing for another season??. He is a class act.

If we are going to get Cuellar and keep Bougherra and possibly go for Bartley as well. Wouldn't that be a detrimental effect on Davie seeing as he has to play every week probably to keep himself sharp. Maybe its more of a coaching/passing on the knowledge to players young or old. I have made my feelings on Davie playing on but currently he is better than Broadfoot...

If we are going to get Cuellar and keep Bougherra and possibly go for Bartley as well. Wouldn't that be a detrimental effect on Davie seeing as he has to play every week probably to keep himself sharp. Maybe its more of a coaching/passing on the knowledge to players young or old. I have made my feelings on Davie playing on but currently he is better than Broadfoot...

Can you ever have too many quality players?. Davy Weir deserves another season and you just know he won't let you down.