Danny,I don't know why you're so against Weir other than being ageist,sp,.

Davy Weir has been our most consistent player,apart from the goalie,since he signed. The guy is a total pro in everything he does and is an inspiration to all the younger players,and the experienced players,he is a gentleman and can still hold his own in the SPL,our bread and butter.I really don't understand your resentment on him signing for another season??. He is a class act.

I second that, Davie Weir is simply the best central defender in the SPL, he would be the first to say 'Naw lads, am finished' so why any bear would be unhappy with him signing on for yet another year beats me. Don't forget - and this is IMO, he made Cuellar, Bougherra and Wilson.

I second that, Davie Weir is simply the best central defender in the SPL, he would be the first to say 'Naw lads, am finished' so why any bear would be unhappy with him signing on for yet another year beats me. Don't forget - and this is IMO, he made Cuellar, Bougherra and Wilson.

Agreed 100%. The man is big enough to know when it is time to call it quits. He could possibly be one of the best signings ever.

What I find hard to accept is the only criticism he ever gets is aimed at his age!!!!,never about his performances.

Agreed 100%. The man is big enough to know when it is time to call it quits. He could possibly be one of the best signings ever.

What I find hard to accept is the only criticism he ever gets is aimed at his age!!!!,never about his performances.

Not true, there's plenty of criticisms of his displays in the past. Me and Zappa did a critique once. I've also criticised his conduct several times.

Not true, there's plenty of criticisms of his displays in the past. Me and Zappa did a critique once. I've also criticised his conduct several times.

I'm not saying he hasn't had the odd bad game here and there,the same as any/every player,what I'm saying is it's his age or lack of pace or both that is quoted as a reason for a bad performance. Also he is looked up to and respected by all the Rangers players on & off the park which is a vital part in any team.

I seem to remember one of the biggest concerns when the potential of him staying on this season was previously raised was that Celtic, the rest of the league and journos would mock us over his age. So what? "If you're good enough you're old enough" surely works both ways?

Conduct?? You will have to explain that one.

The amount of times he interferes with referees, or confronts opposition players. It was most notable when he grabbed Caldwell's neck a couple of seasons ago, but I've seen plenty of times where he got involved when he shouldn't.

The amount of times he interferes with referees, or confronts opposition players. It was most notable when he grabbed Caldwell's neck a couple of seasons ago, but I've seen plenty of times where he got involved when he shouldn't.

No issue with him talking to the ref (unless he is doing so in a manner which could lead to a booking) as that's his job. There have been a very few incidents where has got physical with opponents which could have cost him and us but on the other hand it is good to see he is just as competitive as the young'uns in his old age. :D Cant remember the last time he over stepped the mark in this manner though.

Ps. Who wouldn't take the opportunity to throttle Caldwell. ;)

5BABD47A-A9BF-7B3E-2321A2C97F63A7CF.jpg

They were both at it to be fair. You are correct on that point though.