Do they mean anything or are they just an attempt to keep the forum users playing by the rules?

Reason I ask is because there's been numerous warnings issued in the Rangers transfer rumours thread and more often than not it's a specific 'Super Mod' who goes against the warning and advice the admin/mod has issued yet nothing more happens.

Just curious.

While we're coming down hard on the staff around here...

I noticed recently I had an argument with one other user, and one of the admin took sides. Surely admin shouldn't do that?

I had another argument (definitely a pattern here) and this time admin were neutral, which I have no quarrel with.

Staff, admin especially, should never take sides in an argument imo.

While we're coming down hard on the staff around here...

I noticed recently I had an argument with one other user, and one of the admin took sides. Surely admin shouldn't do that?

I had another argument (definitely a pattern here) and this time admin were neutral, which I have no quarrel with.

Staff, admin especially, should never take sides in an argument imo.

You'd rather have forum staff act all robotic and be complete jobs-worths?

They're just as entitled to share their opinions as we are so long as they don't abuse that.

You'd rather have forum staff act all robotic and be complete jobs-worths?

With promotion comes responsibility.

They're just as entitled to share their opinions as we are so long as they don't abuse that.

Ever been a mod or admin? You have a job to do - that's your primary purpose. Opinions are fine, but taking sides in a heated debate isn't really what staff should do - that's why they're staff in the first place.

With promotion comes responsibility.

Ever been a mod or admin? You have a job to do - that's your primary purpose. Opinions are fine, but taking sides in a heated debate isn't really what staff should do - that's why they're staff in the first place.

I am on another forum mate. I see myself as just another poster and only do mod stuff when required.

I am on another forum mate. I see myself as just another poster and only do mod stuff when required.

Would you ever take a side when 2 posters were arguing? Or would you tell them both to calm down?

Do they mean anything or are they just an attempt to keep the forum users playing by the rules?

Reason I ask is because there's been numerous warnings issued in the Rangers transfer rumours thread and more often than not it's a specific 'Super Mod' who goes against the warning and advice the admin/mod has issued yet nothing more happens.

Just curious.

Give us more details Gav. The post numbers with the warnings and any other relevant info is needed or we don't know what you're talking about.