Rumour: Murray Davidson to Rangers - �£450K fee agreed?

I'm sure Celtic are Ross Hall and we're the Nuffield. When my sister worked there she certainly saw a few players (she recognised them because of the badge, not by person, sometimes I worry if I've guided her properly).

i'm a rich hall man myself.

St. Johnstone have announced that they have rejected an official approach from Rangers for midfielder Murray Davidson.

The former Livingston midfielder has caught the eye of Gers new manager Ally McCoist over the past season, also receiving a call up to the Scotland squad despite not yet winning his first cap.

McCoist's attempts to strengthen Rangers are taking some time, with the club still waiting to bring in further new recruits following new chairman Craig Whyte's takeover, although Hearts have accepted a bid for Lee Wallace.

The Scottish Premier League champions begin their defence of their title on Saturday with a home game against Hearts.

Unlikely

However it appears unlikely they will have any deal for Davidson wrapped up in time for the season's kick-off.

"Saints have this afternoon turned down an offer from Rangers for the services of Murray Davidson," a statement on St Johnstone's official website confirmed.

"The offer from the Ibrox club fell short of the valuation placed on the player by chairman Geoff Brown.

More...

Edited by Zappa